FSP 400-60HLN rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSP 400-60HLN rebuild

Since I still have the "leftover" FSP350-HLC I decided to beef up a 400-60HLN psu a bit... sort of.

Cables are extremely short compared to the 60HLC, othervise it's decent. Based on FSP's green line series... most of you are very familiar with it.
    So internally the two psu are compatible. I'm going to swap some componets and see what happens. The psu works so far.
    I'm going to need some help with the pfc circuit. The 60HLN's booster coil is hanging by a thread and has a tiny dub of resin to hold it together, great. At least it's not fried. It also has a different core material from 350-60HLC coil, which is busted anyway so this one is way better.
    I added another 9n50c fet and a missing 10ohm resistor. I swear my soldering isn't that bad as it seems on the picture! I hope this second fet will not mess up the current pfc setup.
    To my suprise the primary capacitor (TEAPO 270uf 400V) had low capacitance so I replaced it with a new 390uf EPCOS.
    This psu has Capxon and Ost secondary caps. Maybe I'll change a few but if they measure good they can stay. It's hard to find 8mm caps here anyway. I've sorted out the new cables, anyway they'll go in last.
    Sadly I have little time for this project now so I continue next week.
    Attached Files

Re: FSP 400-60HLN rebuild

It's done. I guess the new components give a little more headroom for this unit without cramping it's functionality. Hopefully the ps223 won't die anytime soon, I've been told that it sometimes just craps itself and that's that. The 3.3 Volt line is a but high without load...
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: FSP 400-60HLN rebuild

That's still within spec, oughta do fine.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
      X