Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubycon MCZ/MBZ discontinuing?

Hi all,

I am fairly new here and I posted some time ago regarding an IBM motherboard that I wanted to repair; after much general troubleshooting I believed that the problems I was encountering with the board were down to bad caps.

I've been attempting to source Rubycon MCZ capacitors at a local level. After emailing and telephoning my countrys distributor for Rubycon capacitors I found myself with the Rubycon "2010 Capacitors Catalog" which is printed in Japanese and English.

There is one page regarding Rubycon MCZ/MBZ capacitors, there are no sizes etc and the catalog states "Please contact our local sales office for further details, such as case size composition."

I contacted the distributor again and they replied with the following;

"Please see response bellow from my product manager.

The MCZ & MBZ range is planned for end of life this year and these series won't be included in the new catalogue due out in April.

We are recommending that the customer looks at the following series as an alternative.

ZLH/ZLG/ZLJ or ZLK."

I was just wondering what your thoughts on this are? I had a look at the series that they recommend as an alternative but they are not described in the same way that the MCZ/MBZ are, would they actually be suitable replacements as suggested?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Rubycon MCZ/MBZ discontinuing?

ZLG appears to be the closest, but not quite MBZ level even. Does not appear they have any ultra low ESR caps like MBZ/MCZ anymore.

Comment

Hi Colt45ws

Thank you for that.

I will see how much the ZLG are.

Is there any kind of best secondary or even third place brand? How are Panasonic FC series for example?

Thanks in advance.
      GJ.

Comment

fc are nowhere near a replacement for mbz or mcz.
        the writing is on the wall anyway.polys are taking over.

Comment

Hi kc8adu,

Thank you for the reply.

I hear what you're saying.

Would you be able to recommend some poly replacements for the following please? ;

Chemicon KZJ 16v 1800uF 105 deg C x 4 (10mm)
          Chemicon KZJ 10v 1500uF 105 deg C x 3 (8mm)
          Chemicon KZG 6.3v 1500uF 85 deg C x 2 (8mm)
          Chemicon KZG 6.3v 1000uF 85 deg C x 4 (8mm)

Thanks,
          GJ.

Comment

Working...
          X