Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasonic SS-350ATC 350W Internal Pictures (from Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 case)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasonic SS-350ATC 350W Internal Pictures (from Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 case)

Here is a pretty cool Seasonic powersupply, it has two custom designed temperature controlled 80mm fans on it's top and is located at the bottom front (a la Lian-Li) of the Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 case. As far as I know this is the only place you will find this PSU.

It is rated at 350w

It has a 220uf primary cap that I would really like to know what manufacturer it has, according to an e-mail I got from Seasonic they use Hitachi caps in their powersupplies... It is makred "HP3 85°C 220uF 400VDC" and "38B5" on it's back... with this logo:

On the secondary side there is a real cocktail of capacitors... 6x United Chemi-con, 2x OST. 2x PCE-TUR and 1 Rubycon

Code:
    BRAND:		Cap(uF)	VDC	Max Temp:	Date:		Model:	PCS:
    PCE-TUR		 470uF	16v	105°C		  0401			1x
    PCE-TUR	 	 47uF	25v	105°C		  0401			1x
    Rubycon	 	 47uF	50v	105°C		 A0344		YXG	1x
    United Chemi-con 220Uf	16V	(M)105°C	4(7) 3W		KMG	1x
    OST		 4700uF	10v	105°C		  0430		RLS	2x
    United Chemi-con 2200uF	10V	(M)105°C	4(7) 4a		KY	3x
    United Chemi-con 1000uF	16v					KY	1x
    United Chemi-con 2200uF	16v	(M)105°C	4(7) 6G		KZE	1x

Pulse Wide Modulation (PWM) and Power Factor Correction (PFC) Control Circuit by Infineon TDA 16888 (And a 47uF PCE-TUR cap)

The PSU looks a bit strange since there is no bottom; it is provided by the T2 case itself...

The fully assembled case in all it's glory, nevermind the "nice" caps on the mainboard
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-11-2014, 04:06 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded due to problems with host
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Re: Seasonic SS-350ATC 350W Internal Pictures (from Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 case)

i think it looks professional to have the caps flat on the board rather than angled where necessary. good job and thanks for your great posts.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Re: Seasonic SS-350ATC 350W Internal Pictures (from Arctic Cooling Silentium T2 case)

never seen the Chemicon KY series... datasheet link?
      The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

found at chemicon site

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
          i think it looks professional to have the caps flat on the board rather than angled where necessary. good job and thanks for your great posts.
          Yea I know, though this board was only for myself... Elfa in Sweden only carries Sanyo MW-WX caps (that are LOW-ESR caps that is) and the only 1500uF cap they stock is a 25v model, thus 12,5x25mm... So I had to tilt a few to be able to fit them... Only after that I learned that I could have used a higher farad rating instead (i.e. they have higher farad rated caps with lower voltages in stock...)
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson
            It has a 220uf primary cap that I would really like to know what manufacturer it has, according to an e-mail I got from Seasonic they use Hitachi caps in their powersupplies... It is makred "HP3 85°C 220uF 400VDC" and "38B5" on it's back... with this logo:
            Fear not - that is an actual Hitachi

Comment

just to be sure, i meant if the caps dont fit then it looks professional to have them at 90 degrees rather than 45 etc.

i have also problem to find 8mm for instance so i recap like mickey mouse with 10mm. you can check my threads.

you can also secure caps at 90 degrees with a bit of hot glue to the board but there is usually no problem.

lets have another pic with the doors on to see it finished...

Comment

Originally posted by Oklahoma Wolf
                Fear not - that is an actual Hitachi
                Thanks for assuring me
                just to be sure, i meant if the caps dont fit then it looks professional to have them at 90 degrees rather than 45 etc.
                Ahh, mkay, I misunderstood you then
                lets have another pic with the doors on to see it finished...
                There, I'm off to bed now...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-11-2014, 04:07 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded due to problems with host

Comment

looks good

Comment

I'll start torturing some UCC KY series parts next week. Their specs position them as equivalent to Nichicon HE, which have done pretty well.
                    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Hello my friends!
                      sorry for "undigging" this topic

i have also the silentium t2 case.

its very quiet and also looks good.

my only prolbem is that i have random reboots and also games often exit to desktop

after looking to a lot of forum i found that the 17amp max at 12v rail maybe the problem..

so i am looking to change the psu with the bigger one.

the problem is that the psu isnt standard size.so i have to find something smaller , get rid the cover and put it inside the seasonic psu.

i have sent emails to seasonic and to arctic cooling and i am waiting some answers.

do YOU have anything in mind about changing the psu?

thanks in advance
                      thodoris

Comment

FSP has a new VGA power.
                        It can work with your old seasonic together
                        by supplying 12V to graphic cards.
                        It may help.

Here is the review.
                        http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/oth...vga-power.html

Comment

That FSP PSU you linked hkivan sounds like the best idea for this

Because I do not know of any other PSU that has the same dimensions as this one has... It is not even close to any ATX spec I know of...

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson
                            It is not even close to any ATX spec I know of...
                            the atx spec(dimensions) are for the outside box right?

the inside i believe its all about the same? some conductors , a board , etc...

Comment

FSP has a new VGA power.
                              nice....i can think of a few other uses for a 12v active psu as well. i hope the fans are not poor endurance though, there does not appear to be much space for them.

Comment

nice....i can think of a few other uses for a 12v active psu as well. .
                                I already use a 12v PSU to power a 8cm fan
                                which attached on the heatsink of a subwoofer.
                                The small psu come with an external HD/DVD enclosure.

For the FSP VGA power, u may also make it
                                to power all those fans & blinking neons too.

Comment

i was wondering if i could fit something like this?

Comment

Dear Sir

Yes, we plan to offer a more powerful power supply in 2 months!

Arctic team

i send an email to arctic cooling to ask them if they have planned an upgrade

Comment

I think the Seasonic Super Tornado or s12 series will probably fit in the case. The SS400FS will probably too and has a 21A rating at 12v. I think the pcb will prety mutch be the same size then any other ATX psu. Despite the realy good quality of the case, this customed and not that good PSu held me from buying this combo.
                                      The design, conzept and quality of this case is excelent. The cooling power of this case is amazing, and very very silent.

Comment

Originally posted by karalrs
                                        the atx spec(dimensions) are for the outside box right?

the inside i believe its all about the same? some conductors , a board , etc...
                                        Just took mine apart to check, yes, while the case does not follow ATX spec the 4 mounting tabs inside it does. So you should be able to fit any standard ATX PSU PCB inside...

The PCB is 145x108mm with mounting holes 135x96mm apart...

The highest heatsink is 66.5mm above the underside of the PCB, however there is ca15mm left to the "top" of the case... There is also 11.5mm spacing on each side of the PCB measured on the long side (145mm) and ca5mm on the other sides respectivley...

You will of course also need to solder the 230v cable inside the new unit yourself...

The fans are 2x 80x80mm 45mm high, which was also the reason I took my unit apart:

Thankfully the other Fan did not also fall apart, otherwise I might have had another "Nexus NX-3000 experience"...

EDIT; Upon further inspection the motor spindle has actually broken off, the white stuff you see in the center of the fanblades is one part of the spindle, the rest was inside the motor itself... The spindle is made of cheramic...
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-11-2014, 04:08 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded due to problems with host

Comment

Working...
                                        X