Deer DR-A300ATX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer DR-A300ATX

A ha! I finally tracked one down. A deer built before solytech (or perhaps at the beginning) took over.

Here is a overall look of the unit. External build quality is above most junk units. Steel casing is thicker than most. It isn't just plain grey steel, either. It has this strange pattern in it, like tiger fur.

Here you can see that pattern in the steel. Anyway, theres the label. Is it lying, or is deer not telling a little lie about the ratings? We will find out in a bit.

Thar she blows. I've seen much worse from deer, but also seen much, much better. Still, a full transient filter, bridge rectifier, real 35 size primary transformer and large sized 5vsb transformer. PWM/protections controller is a DR0183.

Heres that primary side. The bridge rectifier is a 4A, 500v. X cap is a .33uf. Primary caps are YC brand 200v, 470uf. There are indeed...MOV's in there. The primary switchers are two 13007's.

Secondary caps in all their glory. This uses a literal grab bag of caps. Two 10v, 2200uf Tocon brand caps on the 5v. 1 16v, 2200uf DON brand cap on the 12v. Two 10v, 2200uf caps on the 3.3v, one a Tocon brand and one a SWCON brand. Other caps are YC, Canicon, and Jun Fu. All the SWCON brand caps are swollen. The secondary silicon does...not line up with the label. The 5v is rectified with a 20A, 45V schottky. 12v by a 10A, 200V fast recovery, 3.3v by a 15A, 45V schottky from, surprisingly, ON semiconductor.

5vsb caps, SWCON brand 10v, 1000uf. Notice the fuse in a fuse holder? Kinda nice, but I've only seen this type of fuse in deer/solytech power supplies where the filament is wrapped around that...whatever it is.

And finally, a solder side shot. It actually doesn't look to bad. Some leads are a little too long, but there are no blobs or hand soldered joints.
    Attached Files

Re: Deer DR-A300ATX

thats better than some of my "500w" power supplies and i likey the full transient filter!

Comment

Working...
    X