LG PDP42X32000 panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG PDP42X32000 panel

I pick up a 42" RCA plasma tv. It has no image on screen sound ok.
    Found fuse blown and shorted ic on y board. Replace with STK795-820 and fuse, unit has image and sound now.

If I adjust the voltage according to the panel's spec, I got a red snow screen. Have to lower -VY and Vzb to minimize it, but I found the screen still has some kind of red, blue statics when image change from a bright scene to dark. Or when no video signal input.

Tested with another CTRL board, same problem, so is this a sign of aging panel or I should test it with other y and z module?????

Re: LG PDP42X32000 panel

Originally posted by fastvideo View Post
    I pick up a 42" RCA plasma tv. It has no image on screen sound ok.
    Found fuse blown and shorted ic on y board. Replace with STK795-820 and fuse, unit has image and sound now.

If I adjust the voltage according to the panel's spec, I got a red snow screen. Have to lower -VY and Vzb to minimize it, but I found the screen still has some kind of red, blue statics when image change from a bright scene to dark. Or when no video signal input.

Tested with another CTRL board, same problem, so is this a sign of aging panel or I should test it with other y and z module?????
    I vaguely remember wizard indicating this might be the sign of a dying panel. If you haven't done so, I'd suggest downloading LG's Quick Alignment Guide and doing the full adjustment of the power supply and the sustain cards.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I had the same 42x32 panel. It had the same issues you are talking about. It really wasn`t that bad if you stand back about 5 feet. I set all voltages by the book and had set a good waveform on the y board. I then tried adjusting va and vs on the power supply. Changing v on the Z board didn`t help either. I seemed to be from the Y board.

I have read here where other people have had the same problem with this panel. I replaced the ic and caps( Y board). This panel was a 2006 I repaired it in 2009.

Also my panel was used for a vizio. Not the best. It was l/g, but all the heat sinks were missing from the buffer chips. Could have been some corner cutting in other areas as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cadiman View Post
        I had the same 42x32 panel. It had the same issues you are talking about. It really wasn`t that bad if you stand back about 5 feet. I set all voltages by the book and had set a good waveform on the y board. I then tried adjusting va and vs on the power supply. Changing v on the Z board didn`t help either. I seemed to be from the Y board.

I have read here where other people have had the same problem with this panel. I replaced the ic and caps( Y board). This panel was a 2006 I repaired it in 2009.

Also my panel was used for a vizio. Not the best. It was l/g, but all the heat sinks were missing from the buffer chips. Could have been some corner cutting in other areas as well.

I bought it defective as is.

The STK795-820 I got from my supplier looks like old inventory.
        Don't know if having the red snow problem before it was down or the STK is causing the problem.

Comment

That was the same thing I ran into. I have worked on other L/G panels, but nothing made for vizio only L/G and insignia (L/G). They both had good pictures. I won`t buy any broken vizios they are just made too cheap.
          I may have missed something that needed replaced on the y board. Just cause I had a picture didn`t mean I repaired it. I figured I would see a problem in the waveform.

Comment

"Adjust the voltage according to the panel's spec, I got a red snow screen. Have to lower -VY and Vzb to minimize it, but I found the screen still has some kind of red, blue statics when image change from a bright scene to dark. Or when no video signal input."

Swapped the Y board, Z board and CTRL board, to another TV. Adjust the voltage according to the panel's spec. No red snow problem.

Aging panel confirmed on this 42" RCA plasma tv!!!!!!
            Last edited by fastvideo; 08-19-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X