Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP DV6-2120eq bios needed

Hi guys,
    Im searching for the following bios dump: HP DV6-2120 eq, motherboard DAUT1AMB6E1, Rev: E. The damn think blinks its caps lock/numlock twice and no screen. According to HP that's bios failure but they only provide the bios update over windows(winflash).

Re: HP DV6-2120eq bios needed

backup old bios and try this
    Attached Files
    Im Back... sort of...

Comment

It didnt work. Errors keeps going on.

Comment

try this
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the update in the end I believe the problem was somewhere else. It still elludes but the laptop started up just find after I replace one of the rams. Why did it say it had a bios failure I dont know.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by looofy View Post
            try this
            Hi. I have a similar issue I'm trying to fix in an HP dv7-3101sa. As instructed by HP Support, I downloaded the WINFLASH BIOS available on the HP site, extracted the WINFLASH program and found the .FD file and renamed it as 3635.BIN. I then pressed WinKey+B when powering up and the computer beeped twice and rebooted. This didn't match the description of the BIOS flash procedure so I dug deeper.

Within the WINFLASH file extract I also found the platform.ini file listing all the different platforms the file was compatible with. I copied and renamed the .FD file as each platform listed in the file with the extensions .FD, .BIN, and .ROM. The resulting list was 18 files long and contained iterations of filenames between:
            3635.BIN
            3635.FD
            3635.ROM
            [...]
            363A.BIN
            363A.FD
            363A.ROM

Doing the WinKey+B procedure again, the computer beeped about 18 times while reading the USB disk, then beeps twice, then stops reading the USB disk. It does not reboot but it doesn't do anything useful either.

I've downloaded the file from the link above because the filename matched the board I'm trying to work on (DAUT1AMB6E1 REV E.bin) and I'm now looking for some instruction about what to do with the file. Does it matter what the file name is or does the BIOS flash utility read the file contents to determine if it's suitable?

As far as I can tell, either something about the files I'm using is not correct or the BIOS chip is actually broken. Could someone who's got some experience with this procedure please assist?

Cheers
            Adrian

Comment

ss tan

Comment

thanks thanks

Comment

thank you

Comment