TC-P50G10 14 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC-P50G10 14 blinks

For starters I'm pretty noobish so be patient.

I have a Panasonic TC-P50G10 that the screen powers on for a quick second, and then off. The power LED then blinks 14 times.

I've been googling, and it appears that this must be rather unusual as every sing "14 blink" issue I see is for a different model of TV (2011). The same goes for the search function in this forum.

I also have attached the service manual, which has no mention of 14 blinks (only up to 13).

If nothing else, at least it's interesting.

I've looked at "A" boards as that is where it would point on the newer models, but that appears to be the common failure point on these TVs since anyone who thinks they have a working on wants over $100 for them.

Tomorrow I intend to try applying a bit of heat to the chips on the A board to see if it's a BGA or bad chip problem.

In the meantime, I'm all for suggestions on where to start. I only spent $15 on this TV so if it's not worth the trouble that's not the end of the world either.
    Attached Files

Re: TC-P50G10 14 blinks

Originally posted by Spector View Post
    For starters I'm pretty noobish so be patient.

I have a Panasonic TC-P50G10 that the screen powers on for a quick second, and then off. The power LED then blinks 14 times.

I've been googling, and it appears that this must be rather unusual as every sing "14 blink" issue I see is for a different model of TV (2011). The same goes for the search function in this forum.

I also have attached the service manual, which has no mention of 14 blinks (only up to 13).

If nothing else, at least it's interesting.

I've looked at "A" boards as that is where it would point on the newer models, but that appears to be the common failure point on these TVs since anyone who thinks they have a working on wants over $100 for them.

Tomorrow I intend to try applying a bit of heat to the chips on the A board to see if it's a BGA or bad chip problem.

In the meantime, I'm all for suggestions on where to start. I only spent $15 on this TV so if it's not worth the trouble that's not the end of the world either.
    Been working on a similar model myself. Theyre a pain. Its almost certainly a bad A board. You can test its error detection by trying to get different errors to pull up.

Pull the power from the SS board and see if it reverts to an 8 blink. If it does plug it back in and unplug the buffers from the sustain. You should get a 7 blink.

If it does those then theres hope

Also perhaps if it powers up your reading the blinks wrong and it is a 13 blink. I had the same issue reading mine is why i say that. It should cycle through blinks. So let it cycle and count very carefully
    Last edited by Demonata08; 05-19-2019, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonata08 View Post
      Been working on a similar model myself. Theyre a pain. Its almost certainly a bad A board. You can test its error detection by trying to get different errors to pull up.

Pull the power from the SS board and see if it reverts to an 8 blink. If it does plug it back in and unplug the buffers from the sustain. You should get a 7 blink.

If it does those then theres hope

Also perhaps if it powers up your reading the blinks wrong and it is a 13 blink. I had the same issue reading mine is why i say that. It should cycle through blinks. So let it cycle and count very carefully
      It's certainly possible that I'm just misinterpreting a 13 blink. The way the service manual reads, it would have 13 blinks and then a gap and then another blink. But if there's no pause between them then it would look like 14 blinks.

Thank you for the advice.

The more I research, the more it seems like the A board is a common issue with these models.

Comment

Originally posted by Spector View Post
        It's certainly possible that I'm just misinterpreting a 13 blink. The way the service manual reads, it would have 13 blinks and then a gap and then another blink. But if there's no pause between them then it would look like 14 blinks.

Thank you for the advice.

The more I research, the more it seems like the A board is a common issue with these models.
        Yep. very common. Also the SS board is pretty common also. but theyre pretty expensive to come by.

Comment

It is 13 blinks then a pause and it starts the count again, they just did'nt have room to put another 13 pulses on the page
          Look at the other error pulses, they repeat then run out of room in the chart

Comment

Working...
          X