Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FSP250-50MSP PSU from MSI Hetis G31 Barebone 250W

Hi there.
    Had the same issue with this PSU mounted on a Hetis 945-E.
    All my secondary caps are yet good and I noticed that strange behaviour with the power-on led of the mainboard. Found power-good line almost down on small load while solid +5v without load.
    Changed those 2 caps on the pwm board as in post #11 and problem solved. In my case the 1uF was totalized and the 2.2 has 11ohm esr. Don't be lazy and check also the other 16uF and 100uF caps on that tiny board, it's a real pain in the arse to get out and put in.
    I also put some heatshrink tube on the exposed lead of the big resistor next to the board. It's so creepy how it sits a couple of mm to the big heatsink. Probably there's no problem even if it touches it but never say never...

Comment

Re: FSP250-50MSP PSU from MSI Hetis G31 Barebone 250W

Does anybody know if it's safe to replace the 2 caps that help drive the bases of the transistors with mlc caps? They are located in a very hot area with no cooling from airflow and I guess mlc caps would last much longer. I have done it as an experiment on 2 psus and they seem to work fine under load but I don't have an oscilloscope to compare the waveforms between electrolytic and mlc caps.

Comment

Working...
      X