Dell 2007FPb Vertical Stripes 1/3 Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2007FPb Vertical Stripes 1/3 Screen

I have a problem with a Dell 2007FPb monitor as shown in the attached picture. I have disassembled the monitor and examined the capacitors on the power supply board and they all look to be in perfect shape so I think that this is perhaps a different problem. I have also applied light pressure to those strip connections to the LCD panel to see if there is a connection issue, but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to diagnose and repair this problem?

I will check the other boards for bad capacitors and post some other pictures as well.

Thank you in advance,

Shawn
    Attached Files

Re: Dell 2007FPb Vertical Stripes 1/3 Screen

I have 4 of these monitors. It's most likely to be a tcon problem or a connection problem between the tape carrier and the panel. Get a can of freeze spray and blow it around the edges whilst it exhibits the problem to see if that temporarily fixes it. If it does then the ribbon cable is delaminated from the panel or the connection to the tcon board or it is a dry joint on the tcon itself.

You can get the special conductive glue that is used to stick the ribbon cable to the panel and try that but if it were unstuck I would highly recommend physically wedging it with a rubber strip instead.

First thing I would do is re-seat all the connections to the tcon board but be VERY careful when touching the tape carrier as this is extremely delicate.

I would probably change out all the caps on the tcon board and also check for any visible dry joints.

This video may be of interest to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj51BkS9d-0

His channel is also very informative and worth watching.
    Last edited by leapius; 10-01-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X