Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung 305T confused on which symptoms are caused by Caps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 305T confused on which symptoms are caused by Caps.

I've done way to much searching and reading on this to only find myself as confused as the first posting I read on the topic.

My 305T Monitor has light green lines (tints pixels) that occur the most during large disk activity on the computer. replaced DVI cable and problem remained. Same result fed from laptop, seems problem worse with disk or mouse activity. Would the coincidence of mouse, disk activity point more toward capacitors? All the heat gun and baking success sound unreliable or at minimum short term.

Looks like attached (though this is not mine), board pictures are from my monitor.

Can these caps be ordered as a kit?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Llort; 02-13-2012, 09:13 PM. Reason: pictures not attached

Re: Samsung 305T confused on which symptoms are caused by Caps.

If you do a search for "Samsung 305T Altera", you'll find some interesting info about your monitor. The Altera chip is on the controller board in your 4th photo. Apparently, over time, it heats up and starts to separate from the board and the solution is to have it reballed. Or, purchase a new board on Ebay for over $250! You know it's a problem when you start seeing these boards showing up new on Ebay. Since you're seeing the problem at high disk activity, that's probably when the most heat is generated. As an experiment, try using a fan to blow cold air on that chip to see if it increases the time before the green lines occur.

Comment

Yes and you see just as many selling capacitor kits on ebay as well. I'm leaning towards a replacement Altera board, but you guys seem to know capacitor issues. I was thinking the additional info of it occurring during Hard Drive or Mouse activity would point the trouble towards power filtering rather than chip set.

Comment

The problems on your screen look like what the Altera HardCopy HC1S30F780NAE chip does on board LTM300M1C8LV3.2. To ensure it's not the computer bring up the OSD or a demo screen. The XHD3000 has fabulous demo screens.

The Gateway XHD3000 uses the same LTM300M1C8LV3.2 board so include that in your searches.

HardForum: 100% Working repair for Gateway XHD3000 30" LCD monitor
        Youtube CreativeOutletHobbie: Don't buy a Gateway Monitor
        Youtube gmb1234: Gateway XHD3000 - problems <<- demo screens show that the monitor is at fault
        sig files are for morons

Comment

I don't know if you still have your monitor or even read this post but I had the same problem with mine and what I did was take the LCD controller board the one in the 4th picture, put it in the oven at 375 degrees for 8 min and let it cool for a half hour reinstalled it and boom works perfectly. I was reluctant to try this but trust me it works!

Comment

Originally posted by Llort View Post
            Yes and you see just as many selling capacitor kits on ebay as well. I'm leaning towards a replacement Altera board, but you guys seem to know capacitor issues. I was thinking the additional info of it occurring during Hard Drive or Mouse activity would point the trouble towards power filtering rather than chip set.
            I don't know if you still have your monitor or even read this post but I had the same problem with mine and what I did was take the LCD controller board the one in the 4th picture, put it in the oven at 375 degrees for 8 min and let it cool for a half hour reinstalled it and boom works perfectly. I was reluctant to try this but trust me it works!

Comment

Working...
            X