Needs Help on ASUS P5KPL-AM SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs Help on ASUS P5KPL-AM SE

This mobo was out of warranty and it's my only motherboard available since I can't afford to buy one. When I press the power button the power LED turned On, the CPU fan spin and the onboard LED power indicator lights up but there was no POST, no beep, and no screen display whatsoever.

What would be the problem of this? Hope anyone could help me to find the fault of this mobo.

Re: Needs Help on ASUS P5KPL-AM SE

memory? power supply? take the cmos battery out
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

make sure you're using a supported CPU, the cooler is properly seated, the CPU fan is inserted into the CPU fan header, the memory is the correct type, in the correct slot configuration, make sure the power supply is good and the 20/24 pin and 4/8 pin CPU power connectors are in.
      Verify that your power switch isn't getting stuck pushed in, it can cause all sorts of weird issues.
      Make sure, (if you have a video card), it's got a the power connecter attached (if applicable) and that it's functional and seated correctly.
      What are the rest of the specs?
      PSU, RAM, CPU, etc.

The more info we have the more likely we can help you.

Comment

The memory card and the processor are all in good condition coz' I tested it on my friends pc and working good. I also tested the power supply and the power switch which are functional and in good condition. I also seated the components in right orientation and contacts to the slots. The chassis and cpu fans are working flawlessly also. I don't have a video card am using the built-in VGA.

Comment

This is not the same board, but see what I did for tests. Maybe you haven't tried one?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...65&postcount=1

PS. Pictures help too. See my sig file below for instructions.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Check AS324M-E1 - LOW POWER QUAD OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIERS.
            CHECK OUT THIS..http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...AS324M-E1.html

Comment

Working...
            X