LG 55LA6200 Back light strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55LA6200 Back light strips

Hey guys not sure if this is an actual issue or not but thought id ask anyways.

Recently my 55" LG TVs back light strips failed, using this site i managed to fault find and repair them today which all went well.

The Issue im uncertain on is the replacement LED strips i bought thats supposed to be direct replacements for my TV, im unsure if maybe i purchased the wrong type or the suppliers specs are out and not exact like the originals? I've noticed i can kind of see the LEDs behind the panel during some shows (mainly sports on green playing fields) now and on a blank black screen i can see the issue more clearly. is this normal for replacement strips? cant say i noticed the issue before but it has been a couple months since i got to use this TV again.

these are the strips i bought https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/283464076671
    Attached Files

Re: LG 55LA6200 Back light strips

Did you put all the sheets that are behind the lcd back in the correct order? have you tried turning the backlights down in the user menu? is it still the same it could just be cheaply made led strip replacements maybe the lens on them is causing this

Comment

If the standoffs are broken off or missing, the diffusers can sit too close to the lenses as well.

Comment

Yeah both defuse sheets are there i taped the corners b4 i removed them so they were easily removed together and stayed in the one place. The top sheet had a rainbow colour to it sitting on top so i placed it back in the same way so im guessing this has to be correct? All stand offs were put back properly, not sure how anyone could break these they were fairly simple to remove but yeah all good.

I didnt try any settings TBH i didnt know there was such a setting? so i'll have a look and see if i can find it, but even if there was/is im almost sure i never changed any settings with the original strips b4.

If the settings dont work what are my options? sending them back would be a pain and removing the strips with out damaging them somewhat wont be easy, i guess i could try get some money back for them but to solve it could i fit another defuse layer inside to try combat it? if so what kinda sheets would i use?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by wrx884; 11-16-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

See if you can turn down the backlight setting as suggested in post #2, may fix it plus the backlights will last longer, I only use about 25 percent of 100 or 5 out of 20.

Comment

not the defuse--..
            .the issue one of 2

1- the first hard plate had 2 surfaces.. ONE fine smooth as the other side.. this smooth one should be on the top where other defuse sitting on it.

2- manufacture fault by fitting the Lens of some LEDs.

Comment

Maybe you could pop off the lenses and reposition them to get rid of the halo effect.

Comment

LG TVs use 6V LEDs and sometimes Aftermarket suppliers sell 3V LEDs on their strips. Your problem is the LED Strips are incorrect. Look at the original strips and get the Part No. off it. This is the ONLY solution. Turning down the Backlight setting is a good suggestion but does not work. Get the EXACT replacement strips.

Comment

You assume way too much ali. Not saying that you are wrong or right, just saying you assume and jump the gun, before simple testing is done.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-17-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    You assume way too much ali.
                    I am correct in what I am saying.
                    Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 11-17-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Let me guess, you saw it one time, NOW that's whats wrong with every tv??? All done, don't want proper diagnoses to be considered FLAMING.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-17-2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

See if you can turn down the backlight setting as suggested in post #2, may fix it plus the backlights will last longer, I only use about 25 percent of 100 or 5 out of 20.
                        I found the back light setting turned it all the way down to 0 but on the black blank screen i can still see the LEDs but to me on the blank screen it didnt seem to change the picture brightness until i had a signal from the TV? i tried turning it down to 20 as suggested also i can still see the LEDs in the lighter colours but not always. im not sure if because i know of the issue now that its becoming more obvious and sticks out and i didn't notice it b4 but i think i would have?

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                        not the defuse--..
                        .the issue one of 2

1- the first hard plate had 2 surfaces.. ONE fine smooth as the other side.. this smooth one should be on the top where other defuse sitting on it.

2- manufacture fault by fitting the Lens of some LEDs.
                        yeah as per photos above there was 2 layers the top layer was the smooth surface that gave off a rainbow colour effect under artificial light, kinda like pearl paint does and the under side was the real rough surface, that sat on those white plastic stand offs that u can see in the pics also.

Maybe you could pop off the lenses and reposition them to get rid of the halo effect.
                        how do u know by physically looking at the lenses on the strips that they are fitting correctly or not? would they not sit 100% flat or somthing? bit odd that they all seem to not be sitting right if thats the case?

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                        LG TVs use 6V LEDs and sometimes Aftermarket suppliers sell 3V LEDs on their strips. Your problem is the LED Strips are incorrect. Look at the original strips and get the Part No. off it. This is the ONLY solution. Turning down the Backlight setting is a good suggestion but does not work. Get the EXACT replacement strips.
                        ive given a link to the replacements i bought are these not the correct part No.? lookin on shop jimmys web page the number seem to match there too, only reason i didn't by from there is the US exchange rate is ridiculous atm to convert it to AU, but i guess thats the old saying maybe i get what i paid? regardless the numbers on my original strips are Innotek POLA2.0 55" L type Rev 0.1 2012.10.18

what does this tell u?

https://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsea...Lg+55LA6200-UA

Is it possible i may have to pull off the original lenses of the old strips and just use those in case the new ones arnt exactly the same?
                        Last edited by wrx884; 11-18-2019, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wrx884 View Post
                          yeah as per photos above there was 2 layers the top layer was the smooth surface that gave off a rainbow colour effect under artificial light, kinda like pearl paint does and the under side was the real rough surface, that sat on those white plastic stand offs that
                          to avoid misunderstanding... this plate which you mentioned i marked your text with RED color ..

this plate also had 2 surfaces, ONE smooth and the other doesn't
                          this smooth surface should be on the top and the other should sitting on the white plastic.. this what i mean..

because this plate infact play big roll to collect all light from the LED lens and focus them forward the defuse. this why it had 2 surfaces

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                            to avoid misunderstanding... this plate which you mentioned i marked your text with RED color ..

this plate also had 2 surfaces, ONE smooth and the other doesn't
                            this smooth surface should be on the top and the other should sitting on the white plastic.. this what i mean..

because this plate infact play big roll to collect all light from the LED lens and focus them forward the defuse. this why it had 2 surfaces
                            Ive already shown photos are u not looking at them? Ive already mentioned i taped up these 2 sheets in the corners before i removed them so pretty much they came out the same way they went back in, with tape i cant mix them up.

Comment

LG lenses seem to be attached two ways. They both have glue applied to the three feet/bumps on the bottom but they are then either pressed firm to the PCB or they float above the pcb. The type that float are a real pain to align.

You removed all the old tape off the back panel before fixing on the new strips ?

Looks like poor manufacturing otherwise, not every LED is giving a bright spot.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                                LG lenses seem to be attached two ways.
                                I agree.. but robot didn't make such mistake unless the seller had glue the fallen lens by hand... on any reason they fall down... look they almost on same place of strip

Comment

So are the lenses the same on both sets of strips, the original and the replacements?

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                                    LG lenses seem to be attached two ways. They both have glue applied to the three feet/bumps on the bottom but they are then either pressed firm to the PCB or they float above the pcb. The type that float are a real pain to align.

You removed all the old tape off the back panel before fixing on the new strips ?

Looks like poor manufacturing otherwise, not every LED is giving a bright spot.
                                    Yeah man TBH this was the most tedious part of it lol i didnt want to risk the new tape not sticking to the old tape and fall off down the track. Ur right tho i have noticed a couple spots do look normal which i find odd but the majority say other wise.

So are the lenses the same on both sets of strips, the original and the replacements?
                                    TBH i cant say unless i strip the TV a part again but from when the new strips arrived they did look the same but again i cant say i really paid that close attention to them as i just installed them assuming they will be the same being direct replacements. Just going off the photos in the ad for now and looking at the originals they do look similar?

The only thing im thinking is if i can find both data sheets from LG and from the replacements manufacturer just to rule out the LED's being different specs but im probably leaning towards the lenses being different or not mounted correctly if anything thats been suggested. if this is the case then mayb my best option is to pull off the original lenses and re stick them onto the replacement strips. how does this sound to everyone?

Diif U mentioned the lenses could be floating, regardless since id want the lenses to sit further back if this is the case to spread the light even i would assume if i refit them id just make sure they sit flush on the strips yeah? is it easy to tell if they are floating or sitting flush on those 3 mounts?

If im going to go this far would i just use somthing like hot glue or some sort of flexi adhesive thats mild? if the re-fitment doesn't work i guess id want to be able to remove them with out them damaging the lenses further or the strips, any recommendations here?

Comment

I didn't really think you'd have left bits on but I've seen more obvious things overlooked in the past so had to ask.

I use 5 second fix. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-Second...r/183033813756

It's an easy to apply gel, that it cured with UV light, 3 blobs on the bottom of the feet, regardless of "floating or flush" with the PCB. Doesn't damage either the lens or PCB and is easy to remove either wet or cured.

I remove the TCON cables and LCD panel, but leave it connected so i can power it up. I use large pieces of cardboard to obscure all of the other LEDs apart from the one I'm working on.
                                      I use a combination of squinting, swearing a piece of the thick plastic from a scrap panel and plenty of patience. When I am happy with what I think is alignment, I remove the cardboard, place on the real plastic panel to give it a final check, before removing it and setting the glue with the UV light.

It is a pain and the reason the suggested fix is buying new strips...

I've had success with using a cut up business card as a spacer between the lens and PCB.

Comment

Hi to all,
                                        This thread is 3 yrs.old but having the same issue. WRX884 did you ever found a solution??
                                        My situation, LG 55LA6205, a 3D TV. Was having issue with LED. Three weeks ago I bought a set of strip from EBay. The original strips are SH S1 94V N 1306 LG INNOTEK POLA2.0 55" R TYPE REC 0.1 2012 10 18 while the replacement are the same except for being N 1301 WYT, I assume that WYT is the manufacturer.
                                        Once installed all LED are bleeding through the screen, halo effect (same as photo from WRT) that is easily noticeable on video that have white or light background. Reducing backlighting doesn't solve the problem, all diffuser are in the same order. I went as far as replacing the center strip with an original one that still work and no halo effect on that part of the screen but halo on the remaining LED. Did contact the seller and explained the problem, he was quick to reimburse no question asked and no explanation given. Besides the 1301/1306 difference, one thing that I noticed is the gap between the LED and the lens. The original strip has a gap of .019 while the new strip has a gap of .027, original lenses are glued into black stand off hole while new are white. All listing that I looked at on EBay and AliXpress have white stand off. My dilemma, ordering a new set from another seller will probably have the same problem, from photos of sellers, can't find black stand off. Any one with a solution since 2019 ???? or a reliable seller.
                                        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X