Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PN64D7000 Picture Issues

Hey All!
    I have a PN64D7000. I love this tv and it died a couple years ago and has been sitting in its box until I have some time to look at it. That time has came, and I opened it up. I decide to replace all but the main board after I was getting some power anomalies. Everything powers up but the tv will not display a picture and keeps cycling. I went to test the display by using a jumper on the main board power connector, disconnected the main ribbon to the logic board and use a jumper on the top pins. The tv powered up and I saw the screen flash real quick as it does when the tv powers up normally. I still did not get a test pattern.

At this point I am scratching my head. I did see the panel has lower buffer boards "x3". Do these have any serious relevance to the tv operation or they just more or less a pass though buffer like the x-main buffer.'

All the power levels on the x-main, y-main, and power board are correct. The logic board LED is blinking about once a sec which from my research is correct. I did follow the steps laid out in this video which looks to be the same model.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjrwTZC5nVg

Can anyone give me some insight of where to look now. I like this tv which is the reason I am trying to repair it. I have several OLED and other monitors but I do like this and the kids like it as well for the 3D functions.

Thanks Guys!
    Last edited by slipstreamelectronics; 11-13-2019, 05:36 PM.
Working...
X