Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: panasonic TC-P50U50 8 blinks

Originally posted by mcquin35 View Post
    Hi new here and would like to thank you for any help I can get. I have my tc p50u50 with 8 blinks a part. Located ss board and wondered which way to go replacing board or the 3 parts Q16051, D16041 and R16051. Where would I find parts. Any checks I should do. Any help please.
    I do have 6.2 ohms on R16051 and the screws are tight.

Comment

On the SS board, Q051 was shorted. ( DG302 )
      D041 & IC152 checked good after shorted part removed.
      Possible cause = bad ground(s). Scrape ground clean with
      razor or dremel tool top & bottom of board. Snug mounting
      screws tight. Board # TNPA5623AB
      ( my repair this morning )

Comment

Replace D041 and Q051 at the same time for prevent.
        The resistor and IC usually check good and do not need replacement.
        Individual parts can be bought on line.

Comment

Need to bump this old thread.

My SMT resistor R051 has taken some heat and bubbled a bit, anyone know the value of the resistor?

Comment

Edit.

I removed the large caps near R051 and I get a reading of about 27 ohms. I know another post say 6.2 ohms.

Comment

The value of R051 (R16051) is 5.6Ω. In my case I had to replace only R051 and Q051. Watching TV on this 2012 model... But I am going to hand onto my 2008 Panasonic

Comment

I hope you replaced the mounting screws to avoid this problem again.

Comment

Trying to resurrect the euro tx version of these and have switched out for new the 2 common failed components. The set fired up 1st time and i then set about adressing the poor cooling and sourced a super silent 80mm 5v fan that i intended to run from the usb 5v line. However today i have just tried the set and its 8 blinking again grrr. Total run time of the set since the repair is less than 30 minutes and that was broken by 3 power cycles just to check my work.

Ive not pulled the board again as of yet and im leaving it to discharge itself so i dont know if the new components have crapped out but i wondering if im chasing a red herring and the panel may be bad.?

When it did fire up the picture was superb and bright with no odd discoloration anywhere. Unfortunately i didnt get as far as the service menu to check the screen hours because i was more concearned about the rubbish cooling and obvious hotspot in the top right (from the backside) corner.

The set "seems" in superb condition exteriorlly, even the 3 sets of glasses are unscratched and well cared for. I dont "think" its had an excessive amount of use but i may be wrong. However given its age i dont want to throw money at it by buying ss boards to substitute if they are going to get fried by a bad panel. Id like to repair this one and use it for a while just to play with the 3d side at length before i commit to buying a replacement for my old sammy dumb plasma which has served us well despite a recap 3 years ago.

These pana plasmas seem to pull up a lot of googlies when looking for issues, am i flogging a dead horse?

Comment

Originally posted by paulstef View Post
                    The guy with the repaired TV called me back and said there is noise coming from the TV. So I opened it up and yes, the solder pads from the screws where black again, so there was sparking.

The two solder pads for the two screws right next to the parts that blow up are already connected via a tiny trace on the board. That means the trace's inductance causes a voltage drop on it. When we tighten the screws the two solder pads are connected via the lower impedance path of the chassis.

Clearly a design failure.

I used dented washers now which should assure a good contact from solder pad to chassis/screw.

When it starts again I think a good way to really solve this is to connect those two solder pads with a thick wire onboard.
                    Have you or someone else done this patch mod? Im curious that its this tiny trace that is causing the POST to report an error and tripping the 8 blink warning. Screw tightened up on installation, Set warms up and the backplate expands, screws loosen a touch and the backplate oxidizes a little until poof! Would a ground strap tied to one of the spare mounting lugs be an idea and soldered to the ground of the board direct istead of it being shared with a load baring screw?

Comment

I've repaired a few Panasonic plasmas (2010-2012) models and the SC and SS boards often have loose screws with discolouration to the solder on the pads under them, both top and bottom as well as evidence of arcing to the chassis.

2013 models don't have any solder on the pads, just bare copper and use screws with both flat and split washers so they don't come undone. After repairing boards, I remove the solder from around all the fixing holes using wick and fit new screws with flat and split washers.

I would do this to both SC and SS boards in yours and check the components you replaced as it sounds like the panel is ok to me.

Comment

That sounds like a good course f action to me. Im waiting on a pack of 5.6ohm resisors to arrive in the next few days so this is something to be getting on with. Ill wick off all the solder thats heaped up around the bit of braid thats been stuck on on by the last repairer too then fix the trace under it which was probably arced through.

Got the launettes out and had a good close up view today.. R501 definitely looks brown compared with its twin further down the board so more than likely its out of spec and for what they cost i may as well change it.

Out of interest what is the current equivalent or better for the associated ic? Im posting on my phone atm and dont have access to the pc with the service manual and pana tec advisory. Ive not seen many mentions of it going down but be handy to know what to check out.

Many thanks for replying

Comment

Hadn't seen these posted here so thought id add them.
                          Attached Files

Comment

R501 was dead, its back to life after the fix. I guess it was on its way out and my previous fix finished the job. Swapped all the screws for spring and flat washered machine screws scavanged from old network swithches, after wicking off all the solder around the holes and getting rid of the braid patch.

Im now looking for a 5v whisper quiet fan to vent the heat but mounting and vibration must be a concideration given that it will be attached to the back panel, any suggestions?

Comment

I tried fitting a couple of used OE Panasonic fans from a GT30 model into a U20 that didn't have any at all. I did as you are thinking, mounting them on the rear panel vents, using a rubber gasket to try and damp any vibration.

In the end I removed them as even with several attempts at lower drive voltage, they still made too much noise. I think this is why they are fitted to the metal back of the screen itself rather than the back panel.

I've sold that TV now but if I were trying to do this again I would try and fit them as Panasonic do and put them close to the vents on the main chassis.
                              Last edited by andyb1712; 11-06-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X