This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone - hopeful that this forum will help me learn a bit and mostly avoid expensive tv replacements :-)

I am familiar around a DMM and an iron, although my aging eyes dont do so well on the small formfactors these days.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm lucky to find out this imazing forum... I'm having problem with my LG Plasma TV. Spent all day looking for help online , not much until find out this Badcap forum, just read thru the threads & discussions I already feel what I need to do with my TV. Thanks a lots.

Comment

Hello everyone. This site has been very educational over the last day or so while I've been troubleshooting an issue with a Sharp TV. Although I'm not desperate to get this TV working, it has become a challenge that I don't want to give up on. I really appreciate this great resource to help get through it.

Comment

Hi all, greetings from the Netherlands. My name is Ruud and I am a software engineer. I have some very limited electronics experience, but would like to be able to repair my own broken electronics.

Comment

Hello everyone! I just found this forum recently when searching for dell inspiron 3520 motherboard and decided to join. I hope and trust this to be a great place to learn from experienced professionals here. By the way am a lover of electronics, studied electronics and electrical engineering. I am a citizen if Nigeria.

Comment

Hey Peoples Im new to this Forum & BadCaps . just thought to drop a hello to every one . And iff any one could help with a issue i have with bios password locked . on my asus republic of gamers laptop G551V is the model

Comment

Hi All

Just got on this board. A lot of good advice , well shared. I hope to be able to add to the knowledge base soon....Cheers

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Just discovered this super usefull forum,

I recently encountered some bad caps case while repairing a Samsung 226BW monitor (Capxon 820uf 25v caps "supersized" inside).

I also perform some modding and cap replacement on hifi equipment (DAC soundcard..)

I'm Based in France,

Cheers,

Comment

Hi All,

Another user finding this forum from a Google search - the best kinds of finds

I hopefully won't see you all too much, but when I do, I hope to be able to help where I can.

Alex in the UK.

Comment

Hi!

Great forum!

I am from Austria/Europe and I am trying to repair my old Apple II, so I will probably need your help! ;-)

Comment

Hello everyone! I am a Canadian repair technician that has used this amazing resource in the past and hoping to get more involved! Thank you so much to this whole community for being available and always willing to help

Comment

Hey all,
                          I'm a DIYer from Boston, MA who stumbled across this forum when my Panasonic plasma TV failed w/ the 7-blinks of death. I was able to repair it successfully in large part because of the information in a post on this forum.

Comment

Thanks for the acceptance. I am a retired tech who worked on fare control equipment for the last 22 years of work. I remain curious about anything electrical/electronic, so I attempted repairs of personally owned LED TV's, a Viewsonic and a Samsung. The repairs went smoothly due mainly to the advice found on this site. Thanks to all for the constant flow of information.

Comment

Now I need to figure out how to start a new thread. I need help, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by notch8 View Post
                                Now I need to figure out how to start a new thread. I need help, thanks.
                                I think I have it figured out, thanks guys.

Comment

Hi guys,

My name is George, i'm Romanian, 31 years old, established in UK, Devon. I love electronics and I try to learn as much as possible for my personal purpose.
                                  I have some successful electronic projects and I hope to have time to show them here.

Comment

Hello all,
                                    I am a semi-tech guy, although I have worked in the computer field for over 25 years. Not pc's, but enterprise level systems etc. Currently I am annoyed at the digital photoframe companies, as I am now seeing the quality of their products first hand. I have two frames, both with bad caps. So i hope to be able to find help here and provide any help if possible.

Cheers,
                                    Kim

Comment

Hello all -

Well, I'm not a robot and figured I'd post to prove it. I've been visiting this site for years, but never created an account. I finally joined up as I need help with a capicitor problem that I created.

I've been into computers since the early 80's (started with a Vic20) and own more than I can count.

Regards,
                                      skillbent

Comment

Originally posted by whiteecho View Post
                                        I want to ask a question, but why do I have no authority? I'm confused. Do you know why?
                                        Hey guys,

I already have a custom built Desktop rig, which could undoubtedly be better. However, I was thinking of purchasing a powerful Gaming Monitor, because since I also work in Visual Effects they also tend to be very useful for processing heavy software as well like Maya, Blender, Nuke, AE, and etc. So anybody have any suggestions on monitor builds? But I hope the price is not too expensive. Curious for any insight and thoughts from those who like to sink a lot of thought into these things. Or you can refer to the monitor recommended in this article:https://pc4u.org/best-gaming-monitor-under-200/
                                        please tell me which one is best?

Comment

Hi,

I just recently got interested in trying to learn electronics. By profession I'm a 3D Generalist specialized for game development. With a recent stint of my workstation (Built it myself) finally breaking down in domino fashion (8 year old rig, You can tell I take care of my equipment, haha.)

I want to learn how to learn how to properly read/diagnose on a professional level what caused electrical/system failures and actually FIX THEM! (I've been assembling PC's for years I consider myself a journeyman in PC Components as far as assembly and troubleshooting, but never learned the engineering side of it (Capacitors, Transistors, MOSFETS, SMPS))

As I don't like the feeling of throwing out perfectly repairable devices/equipment just because I have no clue with what's wrong with it, haha.

Comment

Working...
                                          X