X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi there,

My name is Jamie and I'm an IT Technician looking to learn more about board level repair. This place seems like a fantastic resource.

Comment

Long time reader. Looking to post a few questions. It says I need to do this first

Comment

Hi,

My name is Kaspars and I'm an IT security officer (former sysadmin), but electronics is also interesting for me. What's regarding to forum name, I'm not new to electrolytic capacitors problem

Comment

Hello to everyone, I came upon this site by way of some people I have been following on YouTube, namely, Mr. Paul Daniels, Louis Rossmann, Jessa Jones, etc. I very much look forward to contributing my knowledge, along with learning things from all of you. I diagnose and repair electronics as a part time job and hobby. I have done most of this on PC based machines, but just bought a broken Apple MacBook Pro as a new project and this site came highly recommended as an excellent resource for those in the repair community. Thanks.

Comment

Hello I am passionate about security i sui belgium thank you for the acceptance on your platform

Comment

Hello all..this forum is great..happy to join you finally.

Comment

Hello, this is Garry Stough "gmstough" have been in electronics 30 plus years. Am finally retired and trying to repair some TVs. Love to peruse this Forum for answers. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Hi Everyone, Great Forum.

I'm retired now but have had many years in the industry.

Started out as a Home Entertainment service and repair guy for a large local shop in Ottawa then moved on to a XEROX Canada career. First as a Field Service Rep, then a Service Financial Analyst and finally a Production System Analyst. Even had my own part time home entertainment shop during the 90's and early 2k for extra cash. (The TEC Clinic)

However being retired now I still love to keep my hands busy on the occasional repair job for family and friends, just to keep busy and up to date.

Cheers.

Comment

I have a Vizio TV on which the backlighting is not working. I am posting here so that I can start my own thread in the appropriate forum.

Comment

Hello, I'm from Ashburn, VA. I like to be here.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Hello.I am from New Brunswick Canada.My first computer was a Vic 20 followed by the Commodore 16.I got into machine language at the time as I needed something faster than Basic.After about 6 months of writing routines and subroutines I was able to get a little guy to move at lightening speeds across a black and white screen.That was it for a while and never touched computers again until Windows 95 .I had done many things in between .Electrician by trade Electronics tinker by way of hobby.Began Smartphone repair a few years back and am presently entering into microsoldering.I have also started branching out into tv repair which I had thought previously was a dying art.I have repaired several monitors and tv's replacing caps ,mosfets and main boards and I am still in the learning process on that.I have always tinkered with electronics in the past repairing my own amps that used mostly discrete components.I am here to mostly learn more about diagnosing the newer tv's as I come from the older generation tube type.I am probably one of the older members here hitting 58 recently and though a bit slower taken in concepts and understanding I am far from being done .Just got done replacing an eeprom chip on a Vizio which is pretty straight forward after practicing on broken boards.Very pleased it went well and so was the owner.Basic electronics is all I have under my belt from my electrical days plus whatever I have picked up on my own.My Dad was an electrician ,my brother electrician,my other brother electronics technician and my other brother electrical engineer so you could say its in my blood.

Cheers everyone.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm whiteecho, I'm still a college student, I have a lot of interest in gaming notebooks, I hope to learn a lot here, thank you.

Comment

I want to ask a question, but why do I have no authority? I'm confused. Do you know why?

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hi I am currently studying mechatronics at the university of cape town, basically electrical engineering and mechanical engineering in a single degree.

I always need help fixing stuff so this forum is hopefully going to be useful

Comment

Good Morning folks!

My name is Zach, and I'm an Aviation Electronics Technician for the Navy Reserves. I learned electronics troubleshooting through the Navy back in 2003, but have loosely kept up with it, including my soldering skills.

What brought me here is that I have a Samsung 60" 3D Plasma where a power supply board keeps going out. I recently replaced two boards which included the power supply board (it's the 2nd time it's been replaced now), but that was only 3 months ago and now I'm having the same issues again.

I noticed a lot of folks on these forums discussing how to troubleshoot and repair this particular board (bn44-00514a), so I decided to register and see if anyone uploaded a schematic of this board, or a list of components so I can repair my own board instead of purchasing another $158 board.

Comment

Pheww... I did it, at last!

Hi everybody,
                                    I'm Antonio, 71 years old (72 in August) and I'm Italian living in Italy.
                                    I use to be Field Engineer for 25 years at the NCR of Venezuela, the first technician of Bancomat in SudAmerica

Comment

Hi from southern Ohio. Hope to learn a lot here, great site.

Comment

My name is Jake and looking for the weirdest Cap ever.

It seems to have 3 caps in one and its a big tall cap. The centrifuge spinner of our Toshiba washing machine "VH-3310b" is not working or very slow and as its very old I believe the cap is dead.

The following is written on the cap
                                        MARCON
                                        SH CAP L
                                        230 VAC 20uF
                                        400 VAC 11uF
                                        230 VAC 29uF
                                        6422A16

I googled obviously but no result. I was thinking buying 3 caps but its not clear which wire goes to which cap.

Help is much aappreciated
                                        Jake

Comment

hello everyone I'm Omar, I'm a repair technician for cell phones and laptop's I found this forum by chance looking for a dump of a bios is nice to know that there are many others who like this world greetings from Mexico

Comment

Working...
                                          X