• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gmfm86 View Post
    Hi
    Still no authorization to start a thread

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, Proud to be welcomed aboard . I am from Atwater , CA and I am looking forward to learning all things tech. !

Comment

Hello! I am a EE in Tennessee -- Hey that rhymes! I have an abiding hatred of SMPS's that always seem to be the thing that fails in consumer electronics and that is what brings me here today.

--Jim

Comment

Hey, Guys.

I just signed up while searching the web trying to find parts for my Visio TV.

My initials are TC and I was known as "topcat" for many years until I got renamed "MacGyver".

I did TV repair back in the 70's when there were more than 6 parts to a TV.

I have been a broadcast engineer for the past 38 years.

I am also a ham radio operator though my license is still active I have not been on the air in many years.

I guess the fascination of push to talk has been overshadowed by permanently keyed

high powered transmitters.

I used to do TV DX until HD came along and took all of the "fun" out of it.

Comment

Hi there,

I am from Melbourne Australia, turn 70 this year and retired in 2010. Went to RMIT in the late 60's and early 70's, studied Radio & TV in the early days…then Electronics and back again for Communications & IT. Worked for some good companies like Philips, AWA and Rola - which became Plessy Rola. Left industry in 1977 and went into TAFE for 33 years and finished up as a IT Consultant.

Cheers

Comment

hello

i like to repair things
              and i need help
              and i looks like i have come to the right place

Comment

Hello

am from Stockholm,Sweden and a love everything electronic, love to take them apart and try to fix them.
                cant say am successful everytime but a still try becuse its fun

/Kristian

Comment

Hi,
                  I'm an amateur in electronics repair (well, educated as master engineer I know what it is all about) but I love fixing things. It's like doing the impossible and the reward is free computers, monitors, tvs, you name it. I love it. :-)
                  -Jacob

Comment

Hi All, I live in Florida, US. Just completing this introductory post to be able to post my Qs on my broken Panny plasma TV.

Hoping to get some help here. Thanks.

Comment

Hi All,
                      I started of with C&G224 fixing vhs video recorders, remember them. Then worked on washing machines, alarms system, computer printers and eventually desktops, laptops. Been away from board level work for a long time but starting to get back into it now as a hobby / nixer.

Comment

Good afternoon, my name is Michael, I'm from Russia and I have a problem with the laptop, I came to you for help.

Comment

Hi folks, thanks for having me, love fiddling around with computers and rescuing failed projects. Would consider myself an informed novice but eager to learn more from you guys.

Comment

Hi guys,
                            I'm from Paris, France and I'm a retired IT.
                            I come to you because of problem with a Lenovo Latop. I hope l'll find a solution with you.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Hello from Germany!
                              I was looking for a Schematic, thats why I came here.

Comment

Hi,
                                I'm from Germany too

I've found this board while i was looking for some information for a monitor repair.

I have some experience in gameconsole repairing/flashing/modding.

In fact i disassemble everything i can get

Comment

Hi, I'm kerravon2017,
                                  I recycle and donate IT equipment back into the community, targeting the
                                  low income families, disabilities and long time sick.

I try to do all my own repair if I can, and I am happy if found this forum as it
                                  will help me to progress with my repairs.

thanks
                                  kerravon2017

Comment

Hello I've come for help in trying to fix my old Sony Bravia. Cheers

Comment

Hey guys!
                                      i am a stupid girl. not even pretty. and i will ask a lot of stupid questions. in bad english. please be patient

Comment

Hello from România!
                                        I found your forum looking for a SMPS schematic. Thank You for accept me in Your community.
                                        As a profession I am software developer, but in my spare time, I enjoy to build my own audio system. So I wanna believe that I'm a DYI-er.

thanks,
                                        Dan

Comment

Hello - Just a quick intro. My name is Robert (Bob) Hamnik from Bolingbrook, IL, USA. I've been in IT since 1982 (business programming, then end user support (mainframe / PC / network) and now for the last 17 years email support (infrastructure, archiving, clients, etc.). I've always enjoyed trying to fix things before having to replace them - and I've had a good amount of success!

Comment

Working...
                                          X