Sharp LC-55N620CU PSU 192020 help ID'ing a transistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-55N620CU PSU 192020 help ID'ing a transistor

I would like to thank everyone for all of your help. The parts for the PSU arrived this morning. I plan to install them this afternoon and will let know how it worked out.
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      3Ω is low for the led of the opto, Did you replace the blown TL431? as for the opto 817b and 817b are the same.
      I believe N881 opto is for turning on the backlight, so don't worry about that circuit now.
      Originally posted by budm View Post
      Something is not adding up since the Voltage on the main cap is stable but the output from the bridge is not, if output of the bridge goes up and down then the Voltage on the filter caps should follow.
      Ok I got everything installed and without messing anything up! Stand-by voltage is still absent and hot side voltages up and down like before.

With the 1P regulator installed the short there is gone.

Ok, so where to from here?

Comment

What was wrong with the v810 (1P) The "transistor" 1P is for turning on the backlight circuit
        The "reference ic tl431" that was blown was the GB1 (N851), It's voltage was supplied from 12VQ, so I would check the diodes, on the T831 secondary, VD906/907 and VD819
        Which opto coupler did you replace? or was it both?
        I still think VZ810 16volt zener could be bad, it should have 16 volts on it.
        Check the resistance on the 20 volt line to ground (VD825 cathode) or across C819.
        Last edited by R_J; 03-07-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

What was wrong with the v810 (1P) The "transistor" 1P is for turning on the backlight circuit
          The "reference ic tl431" that was blown was the GB1 (N851), It's voltage was supplied from 12VQ, so I would check the diodes, on the T831 secondary, VD906/907 and VD819
          Which opto coupler did you replace? or was it both?
          I still think VZ810 16volt zener could be bad, it should have 16 volts on it.
          Check the resistance on the 20 volt line to ground (VD825 cathode) or across C819.
          v810, 1P transistor base and collector were shorted

VD906/907 check with expected diode readings. VD819 does not reverse bias but seems to have a low reading of .298 on both legs

Both OPTOs were replaced.

VZ810 has 6.87 to 6.95v across it.

Across C819 there is 99,700ohms

Comment

Maybe test your powerboard by itself, see if you get standby voltage and or more stable readings.

Comment

Do you have a 16 volt zener diode that you can replace for VZ810? or a zener around that voltage (12-15v)? There should be 16 volts on that zener, If there is only 7 volts, that V812 whisch is acting like a regulator would only output 8 volts for VDD, this is not enough to keep N834 running
              Last edited by R_J; 03-08-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                Maybe test your powerboard by itself, see if you get standby voltage and or more stable readings.
                The power supply was out of the TV during testing.

Do you have a 16 volt zener diode that you can replace for VZ810? or a zener around that voltage (12-15v)? There should be 16 volts on that zener, If there is only 7 volts, that V812 whisch is acting like a regulator would only output 8 volts for VDD, this is not enough to keep N834 running
                I may be able to come up with one on another board. There look to be letter markings on the zener, is there a cross-reference somewhere I can use to turn those letters in to a datasheet to make sure I have the right one. or at least one that is close enough?

Comment

MMSZ16T1G, I can't make out the letters from here.
                  Last edited by R_J; 03-08-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

And you're sure your rectifier diodes are ok?

Comment

MMSZ16T1G, I can't make out the letters from here.
                      The letters are WK, picture below. The picture with two Zener's are on a scrap board. Will either of these work for testing?

And you're sure your rectifier diodes are ok?
                      Yes, just checked it again.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Does T902 check out ok?

Comment

Does T902 check out ok?
                          Unfortunately I don't have a way to check transformers, therefore I don't know for sure.

Comment

If your sure this is a psu board problem, then given the time I would probably opt for an used example, of which there seem to be several reasonably priced examples available to you.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sharp-55-...8AAOSwhfxZb97g

Comment

The WK diode seems to be a BZT52C13 13 volt zener, put one in and see if that voltage gets to 13 volts, if it does you know the original is bad, no weather the power supply will operate at 13 volts is boarderline
                              this part of the circuit could not be simpler, 160v through 3 series resistors (which you checked are ok) to the 16 volt zener, the voltage at the zener will be whatever the zener is.
                              Last edited by R_J; 03-09-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I misread post 50,
                                Here is a pdf of the zeners
                                And if you look at Diodes incorporated
                                WK = 16 volt
                                WM = 20 volt
                                WT = 39 volt
                                I would try and find something closer to 16 volts if you can, if not try the 20 volt

Some mfgr's list the WK as 13 volts but I will trust the schematic
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by R_J; 03-09-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Well Satirday was a total loss for me, we had 55mph winds here and the power went out for several hours and then a friend of mine showed up and stayed for a while.

Hopefully today I will have time to continue on this.

Comment

BTW, you can use LED tester to test the Voltage of the Zener diode.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

BTW, you can use LED tester to test the Voltage of the Zener diode.
                                      Out-of-circuit I'm guessing? I had no idea you could obtain their voltage that way, what a great tip budm! Thank you!

Comment

Yes, out off the board, the test current will be only about 30mA. Try it on known good Zener and see what the Voltage on the LED tester display will show.
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Yes, out off the board, the test current will be only about 30mA. Try it on known good Zener and see what the Voltage on the LED tester display will show.
                                          I wasn't able to find a Zener in my pile yet, so I popped VZ810 off the board and with the backlight tester it passes 16.9v through it.

This has to mean it is ok.

Comment

Working...
                                          X