Samsung UN55F7100 LED TV Repair - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55F7100 LED TV Repair - HELP!

Hello everyone, new to the forum and looking for some advice. I have a 2 year old Samsung LED TV UN55F7100. One day the screen started acting a bit crazy then went off. No picture and a lot of clicking on and off. There is sound just no picture. I called Samsung and there were no help since I was out of warranty. Offered someone to come to my home and check it out for $300 - no thanks. So I decided to try and fix the TV myself.
    So I looked into the issue more. When plugged in I had no backlights or picture only sound. Since I had sound and no picture I figured it could be the T-Con board - so ordered another one for $30 and replaced it. No change.
    Following that I thought it could be a power issues so ordered a power board and swapped it. No change and was able to return that. I figured the only other thing it could be was the Main board - Ordered and swapped that and again - no change. Following swapping every board I am about to give up figuring it is the panel.
    Well last night I unplugged both of the cables running from the T-Con board and the panel (shown in the picture). Similar to the picture here. When I disconnected them the backlights went on. So then I connected just the left cable back in and the TV screen on the one half started working fine. The other side was all white. When I plugged in the other side the TV immediately shuts off and goes black. It does this over and over. What I am wondering is this a panel issue where its shorting out the TV, a cable issue, or anything I can do to fix this. I know if its the panel its not worth replacing. I'm just so pissed since the TV is 2 years old. I am very surprised with Samsung on this this as they have been no help. Hoping for some feedback. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LED TV Repair - HELP!

The 2 ribbon cables go into narrow boards hidden in the metal frame.On those boards,in your case board of interest would be the side where the tv goes dead.
    I've seen capacitors that failed and shorted out on those.If lucky that happened and can be fixed. If that looks good,it will probably a bad panel.
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. So the next move would be the disassemble the panel and try to look for those narrow boards? try and see if there is a faulty capacity on that? Ill try to find a video explaining how to take the panel apart. Thanks.

Comment

So I got down the panel boards and they look fine. Problem is when I tried to put the cables back in and tapped them a bit they shorted and fried the t-con board. so I guess that is done. I have an extra one but not sure if its worth messing with that. Guess a bad panel would cause the short.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossimike View Post
          So I got down the panel boards and they look fine.

Did you measure for shorts or did a visual?
          Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

hello friends
            can anyone find this problem solution ??? i am sending pictures samsung tv 42inch
            Attached Files

Comment

open a new thread, no good to hijack other's ones, then put better pitctures with whole screen and an input source ..
              Last edited by Davi.p; 02-02-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X