Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Probook 440 G3 DA0X61MB6G0 REV:G battery or charger problem

Hi, I have HP Probook 440 G3, DA0X61MB6G0 REV:G i5-6200U,
    Intel graphics 520, battery HSTNN-Q96C with charging or battery problem. Laptop works fine but doesn't charge battery and show status "0% charging". After some time of constant lighting, charging LED start to flash orange. When battery is removed from laptop on battery terminal I measure about 200mV. But trough drilled holes I was able to measure 14,4V on cells, that slightly dropped on 20W load. So, cells are maybe ok but there is nothing on terminal.
    Does anybody have idea how to solve that?
    TY

Re: HP Probook 440 G3 DA0X61MB6G0 REV:G battery or charger problem

I dissasembled battery pack and found that cells are perfectly healthy but fuse SFH 1412 (12ah4) was blown. Does anyone have schematics or experience with that? I suppose that controller records data about blown fuse and needs reset?

Comment

If the fuse is blown, BMS entered permanent failure mode (usually due to an unrecoverable issue). You need the key and the software to reset it.
      You should buy a new battery rather than messing with this one. Not really safe to play with lithium battery packs…
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

@piernov Thanks for advice. I was trying to get that battery to life because laptop is throttling on power adapter that I have (45W). I understand that processor needs additional power from battery for speed boost. Currently, maximum is 950MHz under heawy load with Prime95 and all other tests. As beliw limit, things are incredible - CPU sometime works on 80Mhz! So I hope for live battery to see if it is something other damaged.

Comment

Da0x61mb6g0

MOD EDIT: Schematic moved to a new thread - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=996915
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-21-2020, 10:10 AM.

Comment

did u use original hp charger?

Comment

Hi

Comment

Working...
              X