Toshiba L70-A-118 Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba L70-A-118 Dead

Toshiba laptop L70-A-118(DA0BD6MB8D0 Rev D) when i connect the charger the led of the charger turn off, i find that PQ7 (AP4439GH-HF) is hot. I remove it and mesured with multimiter and i think is ok. Any help?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eniac22; 08-22-2018, 03:36 PM.

Re: Toshiba L70-A-118 Dead

PQ7 should not get hot. Check without battery. Measure resistance between drain-gate of PQ7, Measure resistance between drain-source of PQ7.
    Measure resistance to ground on PR117.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

drain-gate of PQ7 -> maximum resistance , drain-source of PQ7 ->0.490
      resistance to ground on PR117 ->0.498 on both sides of PR117

Comment

i found that +vcc_core line is shorted.

Comment

I think we the same problem since I have exact same model laptop which suddenly turn off a few months ago and won't turn on again , I tried everything before realising it had a motherboard issue, I've connected the power supply to the motherboard and yeah, PQ7 gets hot, in order to test the circuit I've ordered a multimeter that will arrive at the end of this week, have you discovered more info about this and which could be the faulty component?
          Last edited by bryanovich; 09-27-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eniac22 View Post
            Toshiba laptop L70-A-118(DA0BD6MB8D0 Rev D) when i connect the charger the led of the charger turn off, i find that PQ7 (AP4439GH-HF) is hot. I remove it and mesured with multimiter and i think is ok. Any help?
            if the led of the charger is off when you plugin, its must can be ascertained if there is a short in line 19v

and, not necessarily if the pq7 is hot, the component is a short.

You can inject voltage in line 19v with a value of 8v to be safe. You can inject + values on black capacitors on the motherboard. after that, try touching the hand with the hot component. remove component and check with the mutitester.

do not forget to check again on the track that the component is removed is still a buzzer or not, if it's injecting voltage again.

until there is no buzzer in the path of the component being remove

Comment

Working...
            X