toshiba satellite c855d-s5320 need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toshiba satellite c855d-s5320 need help

Hi i need help to fix this Toshiba satellite c855d-s5320 board id:6050a2509701-MB-A03. i checked the voltages 19v is present but there is no 3.3v and 5v. also there is no 3.3v on power switch and no 3.3v on bios chip. can you help me experts here how to fix this please. I am not a novice tech im still in the process of learning repairing boards and new to this forum. can you help me guide to fix this please

Re: toshiba satellite c855d-s5320 need help

I don't know this board, but usually if the battery charge chip work well (if there isn't a short the battery is in charge status and the led is on) check the +3v and 5v alw chip . post the schematic

Comment

I think this is the right schematic, or a close match.
      Attached Files
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks for the response friends. based on schematic of smdflea i checked U6100 TPS51123 is defective, so i replaced with equivalent RT8223M, now there is 3.3v and 5v but there is short on 19v now,and i found that 330uf 6.3v capacitor positive side is shorted to ground, ill tried replacing with tantalum 330uf 6.3v but still the same issue possitive side is shorted to ground but when i removed the capacitor the possitive side is not shorted to ground and plugged charger lights goes present.can anyone help me on this please

Comment

need help please

Comment

Which capacitor is it ?
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

the capacitor shorted to ground is C6100

Comment

If C6100 was a ceramic cap replace it with a ceramic cap. I don`t see why the short would go away after removing the replacement cap,then the short is back with the cap in place, unless the replacement cap is also shorted ,or your measurements are wrong. The + side should be 3.3V .
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-02-2018, 05:29 AM.

Comment

I replaced the cap with tantalum 330uf 6.3v if i put the cap +side of cap is shorted to ground but if i removed the cap the +side not shorted to ground and it measured 8.8v on the + side.

Comment

Q6100 OR Q6101 might be shorted. Since removing the cap removes the short and when powered it gets shorted means you have short somewhere in 3v line.

Comment

EDIT: didn`t see above post by @mcplslg123 .
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-02-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

you are right mcplslg123 Q6100 is short but i already replaced it still the same issue cap shorted to ground. but when i removed the cap and plugged the charger orange light is present

Comment

i checked Q6101 source side pin 123 shorted to ground

Comment

Working...
                          X