Power problem in Sony mbx-266

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power problem in Sony mbx-266

Hi guys I need a help in repair of Sony Z50CR MB S1202-2 MB SONY MBX-266. It's not powering on I checked I get 19 volt on first input MOSFET which is pu4001 but it not given output voltage and I checked 3 and 5 voltage ic pu4103. Ic getting VCC 19 volt on pin number 16 but no voltage output on pin 7 and 24 means no 3.3 and 5 voltage comes. So I replace it with working mb ic and also replace battery charging ic But no result. What should I check now any expert legend help me I very appreciated. Thanks and ignore my bad english

Re: Power problem in Sony mbx-266

For this model it's very hard to find the exact schematic .
    So it's very difficult to help you.
    If PU4103 (RT8223M ? ) receive 19V why you have changed the charger ic ? and PU4001 receive 19V on drain but probably it's not driven from the IC.
    PU4103 start only if on pin 18 ENC there is an enable signal .
    Last edited by jasko_jacker; 09-27-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Have you done cmos reset?? Sony mb are notorious for that when 19v doesnt goes to pin5-8 of dc in mosfet.

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
        For this model it's very hard to find the exact schematic .
        So it's very difficult to help you.
        If PU4103 (RT8223M ? ) receive 19V why you have changed the charger ic ? and PU4001 receive 19V on drain but probably it's not driven from the IC.
        PU4103 start only if on pin 18 ENC there is an enable signal .
        Check attached schematic it very close to this model and how can I check enable signal ? I don't have oscilloscope
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          Have you done cmos reset?? Sony mb are notorious for that when 19v doesnt goes to pin5-8 of dc in mosfet.
          I try but no power on

Comment

And cpu high side voltage on Pu4401not present

Comment

Enable signal should be high 3.3v use a multimeter , first check 19V are present on PR4004

Originally posted by vickey_vip View Post
              Check attached schematic it very close to this model and how can I check enable signal ? I don't have oscilloscope
              Last edited by jasko_jacker; 09-28-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

u dont need schematic for basic measure. u need datasheet of charging ic

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                  Enable signal should be high 3.3v use a multimeter , first check 19V are present on PR4004
                  On enable signal no voltage present and 19v present on PR4004 but pr4004 connected to directly DC Jack and in schematic pr4004 connected to pu4001 pin number 123

Comment

Working...
                  X