Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN60FH6003FXZA LED tv bad main board repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN60FH6003FXZA LED tv bad main board repair?

I have a UN60FH6003FXZA that due to a bad solder joint, blew the fuse on the power supply board. I replaced the fuse last night but had no power indicator and the tv won't power up. I unplugged the main board and the backlights come on. When the fuse blew on the power supply I audibly heard the pop and the fuse was blackened inside. I'm assuming that a spike went to the main board. My question is, can I track down some sort of transistor or smd that would've taken the jolt and can be replaced? The board is not in stock on SJ and it's rather scarce and expensive on eBay.

Here is a link to the board on SJ with some good pictures of it.
    https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn...6003fxza-hh01/

Can I fix it, and if so, where should I start looking?

Thanks
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-12-2021, 07:25 AM. Reason: UN60FH6003FXZA

Re: Samsung UN60FH6003FXZA LED tv bad main board repair?

I'd carefully check visually, measure voltages and check for any shorts.

Comment

Visually the board and all components look fine. I have no idea what I'd need to check voltage wise. I do have a correction to make to the status of the standby light however. I noticed that while plugged in the light actually faintly, rapidly flashes indefinitely. I tried to reset the EEPROM with a paperclip but the light still rapidly flashes.

Side note, I have all of the boards out of a UN60F6203 (essentially the SMART model of my tv). I'm 99% certain the main board is bad from that tv as well because all it does when plugged in is have a solid red standby light.. No flashes, no on/off, only solid red from the moment the tv is plugged in. I don't know the history of this tv, but I do know it had bad backlights when I got it and all I needed it for at the time was the panel. Similar to my initial situation, when disconnected from the PSU I get backlights. Plug the main back in and they go off and the standby light comes right back on.

I'd like to try and rest the EEPROM on THIS main but I don't understand the hieroglyphs on it! Nothing is straightforward at all. I found a box listing the necessary connections to reset the EEPROM, but no actual connector or points for them. I will attach photos of this board. If someone knows how where I need to touch in order to reset the EEPROM please let me know.
      Attached Files

Comment

Update:

I couldn't source the original main board, so I ordered one pictured above that goes in the Smart model. $25 on eBay and now the tv is working again. If anyone is curious about swapping components between the 6003 and the 6203, both the main and PSU need to be swapped together as well as the cable between them. Also, the back cover will not line up with the connections on the main board, so either use the cover from the correct tv, or modify what you have. I HAD the correct cover but threw it out one sunny garbage day so I am having to modify my original. The power button and cable also need to swap, but the tcon is exactly the same so that can stay.

All said and done however, I have a SMART model now! I'm reluctant to update the firmware though because I don't want to cripple it again, so I think I'll leave it with whatever it's got!

Comment

Working...
        X