X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,
    my name's Roman, i'm located in Europe and since a view days i'm the owner of a Seeburg SPS 160.....a non working one, which will need a lot of work.
    I've some experience with pinball machines, but jukeboxes are completely new to me. I've already bought some manuals, but i'm sure, they will not be able to answer all my questions......but i'm confident, that they can be answered here ;-)
    thanks in advance and best regards
    Roman

Comment

Hello from Greece! The main reason for me being here if looking for vestel-tv firmware, but I see a lot of nice things here too! Thank you

Comment

Hello,
        I'm a software engineer, working in the robotics field.

Comment

Hey guys! New and fresh here but do have a question 🙋🏻*♂️

Comment

Hi all, I have been into computing since the mid-eighties, first computer was the commadore 64 then the 500 plus with ram upgrade damn I thought I was the bee's knees with that baby. I am running a custom build now it is a i7000k 32 gig of ram and a gtx1080. Now I have seven grand kids who break phones and tablets on a regular basis, and I get to fix them lucky me.

Comment

Hi I am a service engineer want to enhance my skils

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm learning about electronic schemas and typical failures in motherboards of several laptop. Thanks for sharing all information about this topic. See you soon here! Best regards! Mauricio

Comment

Hey All,

While troubleshooting a TV i was lead to this forum! You all seem great!

Comment

Hello good friends , new here
                    name : Eric Sithol
                    Computer repair enthusiast ,I do hardware and software repair

Comment

Hello everyone, I missed out on the 8-bit computers of the 80 even though I was the perfect age! (born 1976) Earlier this year I discovered this egregious hole in my past, and to fil it I purchased a working/recapped C64 off ebay and did my best to relive the childhood I never had! :-)

I bought a joystick for the C64, and it had 2 buttons. I asked the seller if I could map button 2 to UP (to have a jump button in many C64 games) and he said, "yes, but it requires a little soldering". At first that put me off, but I watched a video he sent me and it didn't seem very hard (2 solder points), so I ordered a cheap soldering kit and gave it a go!

I successfully modded that joystick and I discovered that I REALLY ENJOYED doing it! I got to thinking about the Ebay seller who had recapped my C64 and thought, "I could probably do that". So I ordered some soldering practice kits for both through-hole and smd and did those first, then I bought an untested C64 and successfully recapped it! After that I successfully recapped a Sega Game Gear!

This whole adventure started this April (2021) and I have gone from 0 experience with soldering, to having successfully recapped 3x Game Gears, 1 Nomad, 1 C64 and 1 VIC 20! I'm having so much fun and this hobby is paying for itself to boot! :-)

I'm a programmer by trade, and I don't know why it took me so long to get into this aspect of the computers I love!

Comment

Hello guys, i just registred here and hope time here will be great)

Comment

Hello! Thank you for welcoming me.

Comment

hello technician in high tech equipment repair

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                              I am Ninad from India. I am a software engineer and I do microcontroller projects and electronic things as a hobby. Happy to join you all

Comment

Hello everyone .Thank you for welcoming me.

Comment

Hello all, l go by the name Gobe. I am an enthusiast and forever wanting to learn. I currently work on smartphone and laptop repairs since 2006. I only recently started to do proper hardware microsoldering from 2015 and only atarting to get a hang of everything recently. I joined this forum years ago, l think 2013 but havent really got to using. My love and excitement of wanting to explore mobo related issues on smartphones and llaptops. Oh, l am located in Botswana. I frequently do much board related practice and repair.

I hold a Bachelors Degree in Computing and a Diploma on Linux technologies. Well l havent done much of linux after varsity but looking to pursue it again soon. Its not water under the bridge for me . I am glad to be part of this forum and l am certain l am going to learn alot and share my knowledge and expertise where l can.

Comment

Hi everybody,
                                    Im a new menmber of this beautiful forum of electronics tips an helper's sorry for my english im a french.
                                    Im a fan of electronics and i don't like throwing things out to be repaired.

Comment

hello hi all

Comment

Hello guys, im 29 years old and new at the pc repair industry. i was sent to this website by my mentor. he told me that you guys have been very helpful in is journey!
                                        Looking forward to learn as much as i can with this website and hopefully fix a lot of computers with the infos i find here
                                        thank you in advance and wish you all a good day : D

Comment

Greetings from Russia! Electronics is like a second job, but for fun and for myself. Proud to be a part of community here/

Comment

Working...
                                          X