Home network connection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home network connection problem

I just bought a new ThinkPad laptop and I need to connect it to my home network. I have several computers on my network and can see each other in File Explorer and the older ones can communicate with each other (even with the new one) but the ThinkPad can see the other computers but can't communicate with them. I get the (network error 0x80070035 The network path not found). I tried several scenarios that I found on line but none of them worked?? Since the other computers on the network can communicate fine I'm assuming the problem is with the setup of the ThinkPad? All computers are running Windows 10, on the same network, in the same workgroup and settings in network share turned on. I have had a home network setup for quite a number of years and this is the first time I have run into this problem I though it might be in the windows update but all the computers on the network have taken the latest updates and still able to communicate on the home network??all except my new ThinkPad?? Hopping someone here can help

Re: Home network connection problem

i hope this is not a repeat of the bullshit in older windows versions of limiting the network connections in home versions!!

Comment

Do you have a software firewall on the thinkpad
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Do you have a software firewall on the thinkpad
        No just Windows Defender and I turned that off and still no go

Comment

There is some information here if it helps? https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...-found-solved/

Comment

Problem solved I did a clean install of windows and problem disappeared. Must have been some kind of encryption on the drive?? Thanks guys for the reply

Comment

I saw this too late. About the error
              Network path not found usually means problem with the SMB.
              1. Set network location to home/office, not public
              2. Create username/s for the computers you want to access the shared directories.

The problem - In Win7 and higher by default Everyone permissions do not include Anonymous user group. Everyone means any authenticated user, not anonymous user. Even if you disable password protected sharing, other computers will still fail to connect to the shared directories, because Win7 and higher require you to provide credentials. This can be fixed with digging in the Local group policy/Windows registry.
              But the simplest way is to enable password protected sharing, set network location to home/office, create a account on the computer where shared directories are, for example Share with any password and then use this account to connect the other computers to the shared dirs, providing username and password.
              And remember that SMB1 is disabled by default in Windows10. Any computers with Windows version older than Windows7 wont be able to connect to the shared dirs, unless you enable SMB1 and Windows services, on which it depends.
              I have a Windows Server file server and substantial number of computers connected to it with win versions from XP to 10.
              If you have any other questions, just ask. I have seen and resolved all kinds of errors.
              Just forget about file sharing without a password in Win7 and higher.
              Last edited by televizora; 03-07-2021, 06:22 AM.
              Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
              1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Working...
              X