Epox 8kha+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Epox 8kha+

Ok in short rather complicated, the way it does it.

So best if your interested, see these forum links and links within.

There is a PDF of the "construction" and "how it works" available on bobs page. (also in second forum link)

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bobpar/esrmeter.htm

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=687

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1287

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1911

]BIG Thanks willawake and other forum members who posted in these 3 threads.
    Saved me alot of time
    You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Just a foot note:
      We tend not to think too much about the resistance of the leads comming out of a component but just out of curiosity I measure at the extreme ends of the leads of the capacitors.....they all read double..... 0.04 on the ESR meter...
      You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

i just got one of these in that was bootlooping and taking several attempts to post.would sit with the post readout at ff with a sick screech coming from the speaker.
        all the 2200 g luxons were open despite no leaking or bulging.
        a total recap made it 100% stable.
        cute how they put the 80h display on it.
        i think i just found my testbed board!

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
          cute how they put the 80h display on it.
          i think i just found my testbed board!
          Yeah, I like that feature too, much nicer than MSI's D-Led bracket
          Viva LA Retro!

Comment

Yeah, it's saved my arse a couple times. Couldn't live without it now.
            You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
            Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

* UPDATE - Epox 8KHA+ *
              The little KT266A board that could

Although this thread is almost 6 years old (at the risk of being labeled a necro thread reviver) I just wanted to update that this mainboard has finally failed through what appears to be a corrupt/dead PS/2 controller IC, the installed EXR Hitano's & SamXon's are still working perfectly (thanks to the assistance & guidance received here at Badcaps.net)

Originally released back in 2001 this board has lasted (with a little plastic surgery) for 10 years, that's an eternity in the PC world, sadly now I must retire a beautiful (low power) 1800+ Thoroughbred as worthwhile s462 platforms have become a little scarce on the ground

Thank goodness I'm a hoarder of old technology as I still had a relatively close spec'd Epox board which enabled me to effortlessly retrieve my distributed computing WU

Viva La Retro!
              Viva LA Retro!

Comment

Well, you do get extra points for replacing the PS/2 controller IC
                But if it's only PS/2 broken why not use USB?
                If problem with booting you can use Modbin6 to set new defaults for a BIOS ROM file and flash that, so that the "clear cmos" defaults to USB keyboard enabled and no "press F1 to continue message" if that is the problem...

If it handles other I/O though then you need to hunt for a new chip and replace it, should be doable
                Could simply by a SMD fuse too of course...
                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
                X