This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I don't want to hi-jack anyone's thread but can't yet start a new thread. If anyone reads this, I'm looking for insight on a single horizontal line about 12" up form the bottom of my Sharp Aquos LC-70LE660U. The line is faint on the left, getting gradually darker to the darkest point about 2/3 across and then going faint on the right edge. AT the same time (possibly related) the HDMI 3 port recognition went from intermittent to non-existent. Line remains on all inputs.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

Comment

Hello, I don't like using my real name in the forums because it is unique enough that it would not be easy to search my name and hunt me down

I'll just go by thanatos65.

I have a degree in computer science engineering and for a living I write firmware. I started with computers in high school on TRS-80s. I then moved to a commodore 64 at home, and for college my dad got me a 286 kaypro computer. I upgraded it with a 15 MB harddrive but used RLL encoding to make it a 30. Don't ask me what RLL stands for, I just wanted more memory.

I am very comfortable with test equipment and troubleshooting to the component level, but i need help finding the component that I need to replace.

I like fixing pinballs, especially the early solid state ones because those are what I remember in the bowling alley, and the processors are mostly what I learned on in college.

I'm here to help my little brother fix a 3D Samsung Plasma TV, so I am hoping someone here can help walk me through what I think is a Main X board problem

Comment

Hello all. Mearsy from Australia. Just starting out in the world of electronics and tv repair. I've had some interest in this field for a long time and decided to educate myself. Looking forward to using this forum to learn about tv repair. Cheers mearsy.

Comment

Hy there ,
          my name is Cipi , and i'm a romanian guy living in Cyprus.
          Even if i'm a simple waiter with no degrees in electronics nor engineering,
          i'm still spending my time trying to fix devices and learning more about electronics.
          I feel happy and proud by beeing a member of this forum!!
          Thanks!!!

Comment

Hi to everybody.
            I'm a moderator of a similar forum in Spain called reballing.es
            I'll try to desoxidate my regular english, help and collaborate in evreything that i can.
            Greetings and see you in the forum.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi i am dharma,

just running my service centre in TN INDIA

I am a on of the best mobile service engg; in my district.

and i am doing repair laptops.

Comment

Hi, I ran across this forum while getting information on a LG TV...and the forum looks great! Most of my electronic repair interest is now in 70's-80's audio gear; however, I have the necessary electronic test gear to work on most anything from tubes to IC's. Looking forward to using the wealth of information to expand my repair skills/knowledge! Mike

Comment

Hi,

I was a master technician at Staples for 4 years. Since then, I have moved on to college, where I obtained a BS in psychology and am currently working on a Masters. While in college, I have worked for a few years doing customer support in the computer lab. I consider computers hardware and programming to be hobbies now.

Comment

Hello all, posting into this thread as a new user i hopes to open up all of the other site features here.

I was brought here through google to help figure out what is going on with an LG (47lng5200) TV that has audio but no picture. I believe the problem is originating within the leds of the back light. I'll create a follow-up post or search through the archives to see if there is already a thread on this particular problem. Thanks for having this community!

Comment

Hi. New to the forum. I hope I can help out. Thank you.

Comment

Hi
                          my name is dan from the right side of washington state. i know enough about electronics to be dangerous (mostly just to my self and my electronics). hoping to learn how to repair a power supply for a tv. oh and my new induction heater power supply i got a week ago and already fried.

Comment

hey guys , I'm from WA in Australia, found this site by ramdom and was hoping to get some help, Have a motherboard that I cant afford to replace with a new one , so I will give it a shot at repairing

thanks

Comment

Hi,

my name is alessandro and I am a technical expert on TV and mobile phone repairs.
                              I studied engineering and are open to learning to expand my knowledge.
                              I find it very useful and I hope this forum can help me.

Thanks,
                              Alex

Comment

I am new to the thread and new to electronics repairs. I am a DIY junkie though and love gaining knowledge of how things work. I also enjoy the environment so adding another tv to a landfill kinda irks me...

Comment

My apologies if this is in the wrong place but it said to introduce yourself HERE. I am new, just joined. I have always been an electronics tinkerer but with the price of repairs and the cost of new electronics I have decided to try and fix more of my 'stuff.' This forum was one of the few that I found that actually has members that can provide reasonable and intelligent suggestions for a posted problem. I am a member of a vehicle forum and when someone asks how to start the vehicle = 1000 replies BUT a technical question = 0 replies. Of little value... Thanks..

Comment

Hello, this is Ed, love playing with all kinds of electronic gadgets . Hope I can help out in the BADCAPS Forum . Okay! One, two, three, four-or. Ed's gonna score more!

Comment

Hello from the sunny south, I am trying to diagnose and repair my Panasonic Plasma, and am willing to accept any and all help I can get !!

Comment

Hi - I'm Shannon - Looking to find some help repairing my parents' LG plasma and found this forum full of great information!

Comment

Hello, I'm Gale from China, I'm interest in electronic. Found I can learn much more here. Thanks you all!

Comment

Working...
                                          X