This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi. Got badcaps forum. Found a lot information very helpful.
    I have some questions I would like to open new threads for.
    C.U there Tommes

Comment

Hi, and thanks for having me. I am the un-proud owner of an Nvidia 8600GT video card by Axle. Came here hoping to find some help in replacing the blown capacitors on this card. It appears I have found the right folks. =)

Comment

Hi there, I'm a undergrad engineering student participating in a design project and we've undertaken the ambitious task of trying to redesign the soldering iron as we don't understand why the important part of the iron needs to be so long and exposed. We're trying to redesign it safe enough to be used for young teens as we see younger and younger kids are taking an interest in DIY electronic/arduino projects.

Comment

Hey guys, been in this site many times, never needed to post tho (thanks to this site and being able to find the answers) anywho, Ive been a hobbiest in the electronics world for a while now.. Well that's me haha

Comment

Hello All,

I am new to the forum having joined only several minutes ago.

I am located in Australia and have a wide background in electronics spanning many years.

I look forward to browsing the forum and contributing where I can.

Comment

Hello all, Gareth here from Wales U.K.
              I have been repairing and modding games consoles for 4 years and have just started delving into television repair. So many questions and i believe this site has all the answers i need! Thanks

Comment

HI! I have just registered. Being well past my "Sell-by" date, and probably a bit dense, I can't find how to post my introduction!
                I joined to make enquiries about an LCD TV, so I'll wait and see if there is any reply to this!

Colinito.

Comment

hullo

Comment

Good Morning from Georgia and thanks for letting me be a part of this great community. Look forward to learning from everyone and passing along anything that I might be able to contribute.

Comment

Hi, Brad from Tennessee. Interested in TV repair and PC monitor repair. This has been a great source of info.

Comment

Hi everyone. I joined this forum to get electronics help and possibly offer some help.

Comment

Hi my name is Peter. I'm from Dublin (Ireland) and I am an Alcoh.... oops I mean I am a wannabe electronics engineer.

I started out in the 70's as a technician with National telephone company and have always wanted to know how things works. I tend to just hack my way through things and try and learn something along the way e.g. I found this site while looking up repair info for flat screen tv power board and it looks like my kind of site.

At the ouset let me thank all who have posted here, sharing their knowledge and information - I know how time consuming it can be and how much effort it can take.

Unleash the solder and let the repairs begin!

Comment

Hello, nice to emeet you all. I'm not cheap, just poor. And have problems with a Panasonic plazma that I'm hoping to fix myself (my dad has an aswesome set of tools).

Comment

Hello every one,

My name is Nicholas, I own and operate a Tv repair store in Tucson Arizona. Most of my business comes from purchasing broken tv's, (LCD LED and plasmas) and fixing them before selling them back out for profit.
                              I have been operating my shop for only 3 months now, but have been in the business for just about a year now. I do have some experiance to share, I am sure I will be able to help a lot of you guys out there, but am also looking to possibly get some help back on certain brands I don't usually work on very often.

I hope to have some good helpful conversations out there.
                              Good luck to everyone in your projects.

Nicholas

Comment

Giday all, thanks to the operators of the board for their service to electronic masochists like me.

I am a "old Australian" . Been retired for about ten years but still able to use an old "Scope" soldering iron. Found my way here after tripping over a Soniq L32V12A-Au LCD on our nature strip in Essendon thanks to a local council hard rubbish removal notice
                                (dumpster diving is a fairly common pastime for me and most of my friends).

It seems to be a run of the mill power supply problem with the red led "ticking" on and off on the Soniq ... so... I am about to change the 14 caps in the Megmeet MIP320 Fl power supply board. Hopefully that will do it. Let you know. Alex

Comment

Stopping by to say hello to everyone. Found the forum searching out information relating to a plasma tv that was given to me, and for a few days now I've been sponging up an amazing amount of information relating to the inner workings of my set. I've not gotten far into my diagnostics of the device aside from starting to check voltages, but I wouldn't have even known where to start had I not found everyone here. A big thanks so far and hopefully I will eventually be able to help someone out with an issue they are having.

Comment

hi guys .....thx can join wits this forum....

Comment

Hello.

Taking my first steps with flat panel tv´s, name is Iiro (iiro, that is) Something wrong in my Finlux so i thought to seek help from here. Radio amateur since 2006, lot´s of diy projects on my desk. I make my living by installing TV and satellite antennas. M/33 Finland. Nice to meet you folks!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                        hello i am lamohan from india. i am working in laptop repair shop. i am stuck in one problem, dell n5010 regulator crkt not working;+5v & +3v. i changed regulator ic from same working board but no benifit. no short ckt . can you help me?

Comment

i am lal mohan singh from india. i am working in laptop repair shop. i want some help from this forum. how can i do?:

Comment

Working...
                                          X