This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone! And thank you all for creating and keeping alive such a great community.
    I'm mainly joined here because of a laptop I bought last year from US and now it has a problem with charging. Since I'm not in US anymore and don't have access to warranty services I need to repair it somehow with the help of my brother (He has got some knowledge about electronics and stuff...)
    Oh and about introducing myself: I'm a bioinformatics major student (Currently studying Msc) who's pretty newbie when it comes to hardware side of things but hopefully with the help of this great community I'll manage to find a way to work it out of my problem.

Comment

Hello, joined the forum to get consultation on a hardware problem I'm having. I'm hailing from Istanbul!

Comment

Hi to everyone! I'm Perry from Italy a Civil Engienieer student, repair enthusiast and in the last 4 year i'm specialized on home appliaces repair (expecially on motherboard) and now i want to learn as much as possible here; and I hope to contrbute also.
        see you soon, Perry

Comment

Hi! Computer Scientist from Norway that is currently going down the rabbit hole of trying to understand of TV's work and if my TV is salvageable, the rabbit hole has currently reached these forms. ^^

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, newbie here. I have scoured the internet for answers to my questions and I have landed here. Hopefully y'all can help me out. Glad to be here!

Comment

Hi everyone. Happy New Year. I stumbled upon this forum looking for a solution and found it has a flourishing community. I hope to learn and share my knowledge as I go.

Comment

Happy New Year!

Component level repair technician interested in picking the collective brain for tips and tricks.

Comment

Hello guys!
                    I'm from Poland and want to be a part of this great community. I found badcaps.net very helpful!

Comment

Dear all,

Seasons' greetings!

A new member, I have a background in electronics (repairing and servicing) and IT networks & infrastructure....

I look forward to communicating with you all.

Comment

Hello, I joined the forum only to get a Resistor's value!
                        It is a SMD silkprinted R1 on the DC-In-"Magsafe" board 820-2361a of a mid-2010 MacBook Pro (A1297). Upon replacing the Magsafe connector, I must have heated it up enough that it got loose and jumped off my workbench...

Comment

Hey,

I'm getting started out in the world of repairs.

Great to be here!

Comment

Hello. My name is Liudas. I am a new member of Badcaps forums. My hobby is electronics. I have little experience, but little by little I am gaining knowledge in this area. I'm glad I found this community. I hope to find here the important information needed to repair computer electronics.
                            Sincerely Yours
                            Liudas A.

Comment

Hi my name is David and i'm from Spain.

I want to be a part of this great community. My hobby is hardware repairing but altough I'm an electronic engineer I have little experience, thats the reason why I landed here.

Comment

I know I'm a newby but I can't find the button to post my thread/question. I did the welcome post a couple of days ago so I should be good to go. I'm I totally blind? Please help.

Comment

New here, google-fu landed me here while trying to unlock a bios password on a Surface Pro 3 I need to factory re-image for someone.
                                  Funny thing is, I cannot find a sticky (thus far) on how to dump the bios so the pw can be decrypted (found the right forum for the second part though though). Wish me luck.

My background is 15 years in Windows System Administration, my personal goal is to make things I work on 'just work' and strive for the 'set it and forget it' holy grail. Along the way picked up some scripting skills (mostly batch and powershell, some vbs). Best tip I can suggest for anyone writing scripts is to NEVER use shorthand and ALWAYS comment your code. Your code will be read hundreds of times after it is written, make it legible!

Comment

Happy New Year!

Longtime reader to become posting.

Comment

Hi
                                      Happy new year!
                                      this is a great forum !

Comment

Hi everyone, hoping to learn more on led tv troubleshooting, thank you

Comment

Happy New Year!!!
                                          New year, new project. I will be needing help.
                                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X