HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Hot air, yes. Settings depend on your station (no point in telling what you have. They vary even between same model). No need to be scared about high temperature if its an elitebook. I don't even remove the motherboard from case on 840G3.

You can use soic8 clip on wson8 when it's unsoldered. Just might take a few tries to get a proper connection on it. I am using some wson8 socket, just to save time. But these sockets aren't cheap.

Comment

Thats great advice.. thank you for taking the time to reply me.. I appreciate it.. had you been in the UK I would have sent the mobo off to you as you seem a professional..

Stay safe..

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
      Hot air, yes. Settings depend on your station (no point in telling what you have. They vary even between same model). No need to be scared about high temperature if its an elitebook. I don't even remove the motherboard from case on 840G3.

You can use soic8 clip on wson8 when it's unsoldered. Just might take a few tries to get a proper connection on it. I am using some wson8 socket, just to save time. But these sockets aren't cheap.

Comment

Thank you for this program. I just succesfully unlocked 3 HP Elitebook 840 G1's and 3 HP Elitebook 820 G1's that I found in garbage.

I did not even have to unsolder the chips.
        I used cheap soic-8 clip, raspberry zero and flashrom.

Trick was to first remove battery if present, then connect power adapter and turn the laptop on and press F1 to display device info. (It propably does not have to be device info, any other menu will propably do) Then I turned the laptop off from the power key and connected the soic-8 clip. Make sure you have good connection and DON'T connect the 3.3V from the raspberry!!!!

I tranfered the .bin files from my raspberry to my laptop with WinSCP. Then I verifyed the two dumps match and tragged one .bin file to the HPUnlocker.exe in windows explorer. This actually was the hardest part and made no sense for me, but it worked. I tried to run the HPUnlocker.exe several times but it just gives you a error message.

Then I tranfered the created bios_unlocked.bin back to the raspberry with WinSCP and flashed it with flashrom and Bob's your auntie!

Now I have 6 working and bios unlocked elitebooks. My family members will be so happy to get some "new" laptops.

Comment

Good morning all.

I bought a cheap HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G3 from a brooker.
          It works perfectly but the bios is locked and I cannot boot from an external medium (USB stick for example) to put everything back in order as new.

By reading and re-reading this thread I learned that it was doable and without too much effort.
          I ordered an EZP2019 type programmer and lots of adapters.
          First, I will use the soic-8 clip with the correct procedure. If I can not have several identical dump (4 or 5), I'll unsolder.
          Everything is clear in my head but in all my reading, I cannot find a software reference to drive this EZP2019.

Do you have a specific and reliable program name that I can safely use (not in Chinese, please).
          Thanks for all of this reading and for your help.

Regards,
          Didier.
          Last edited by Didier91; 02-25-2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Need help unlocking bios password HP Zbook 17 G5
            Attached Files
            Last edited by wienie1983; 02-26-2021, 07:15 AM. Reason: Missing Attachments

Comment

Originally posted by wienie1983 View Post
              Need help unlocking bios password HP Zbook 17 G5
              try the first time and only rewrite, the 16mb one with z17g5origa, if it doesn't work, rewrite both bios with the other two ...
              Attached Files
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Guys I need help.

My Laptop : HP Elitebook 840 G3 (Touch version)
                It was locked so I successfully unlocked it and updated bios to latest.

somehow bios chip was not properly soldered so it was showing flashing LED.
                Now I soldered it and but it failed.
                So I took same winbond chip from another board ( matching ) , flashed it with my backed up bios.

Now laptops starts with blank screen and runs the fan very highest speed for a while and then it goes off. Keeps on repeating the same cycle.
                Not sure what to do next.

Any ideas ?

Comment

Please unlock the password. Tool worked for 6050A2822301-MB-A01, but not working for 6050A2892401-MB-A01
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tim9 View Post
                    Guys I need help.

My Laptop : HP Elitebook 840 G3 (Touch version)
                    It was locked so I successfully unlocked it and updated bios to latest.

somehow bios chip was not properly soldered so it was showing flashing LED.
                    Now I soldered it and but it failed.
                    So I took same winbond chip from another board ( matching ) , flashed it with my backed up bios.

Now laptops starts with blank screen and runs the fan very highest speed for a while and then it goes off. Keeps on repeating the same cycle.
                    Not sure what to do next.

Any ideas ?
                    you have probably read or written the bios chip with errors ... post the bios backup ..
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by stars-n-dust View Post
                      Please unlock the password. Tool worked for 6050A2822301-MB-A01, but not working for 6050A2892401-MB-A01
                      try..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                        try..
                        Password is still there.

Comment

Password is still there.
                          try this
                          Attached Files

Comment

try this
                            ''Authentication failed'' right when power the laptop. Had the same problem when manually deleted AdminPW line. Is it something to do with the EC chip?

Comment

''Authentication failed'' right when power the laptop. Had the same problem when manually deleted AdminPW line. Is it something to do with the EC chip?
                              post the full name and model of the laptop.

Comment

post the full name and model of the laptop.
                                hp 840 g3

Comment

hp 840 g3
                                  try..
                                  Attached Files

Comment

try..
                                    This one works. Thanks a lot!

Comment

try the first time and only rewrite, the 16mb one with z17g5origa, if it doesn't work, rewrite both bios with the other two ...
                                      Many thanks! Works perfectly with both chips writed!

Comment

some one please clear bios password for me thank you!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by black0hackers View Post
                                          some one please clear bios password for me thank you!
                                          try..
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X