Board works fine, but 1 bulging cap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board works fine, but 1 bulging cap...

I'm selling a power supply board on E-Bay that was working fine and taken out of a TV with a cracked screen. Upon inspection I did notice 1 slightly bulging cap (pic related) that has not yet affected its performance.

Should I replace the cap? The TV is already taken apart and some parts are in the trash bin, so I wont have a way to test it to make sure its working if I do replace the cap, and I have not replaced a cap before.

(Yes, I'm honest in My E-Bay listing, and it does highlight the fact one cap is slightly bulging.)
    Attached Files

Re: Board works fine, but 1 bulging cap...

Originally posted by Dangermoose007 View Post
    I'm selling a power supply board on E-Bay that was working fine and taken out of a TV with a cracked screen. Upon inspection I did notice 1 slightly bulging cap (pic related) that has not yet affected its performance.

Should I replace the cap? The TV is already taken apart and some parts are in the trash bin, so I wont have a way to test it to make sure its working if I do replace the cap, and I have not replaced a cap before.

(Yes, I'm honest in My E-Bay listing, and it does highlight the fact one cap is slightly bulging.)
    Replace all the electrolytic capacitors, so the end customer will get a reliable replacement part which will require no re-capping.

Even if you replace the bulged one, the other capacitors are likely the same brand - 'CapXon',0 which is a VERY CRAPPY brand - and they will likely bulge in the future.
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
    X