Xerox XG-91D (proview I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xerox XG-91D (proview I think)

I have two of these monitors and both have developed the same illness. In fact this same problem has been posted several times on the web. Turn on the LCD and It powers up. Then jumps to a stand-by mode (blinking blue light). This has nothing to do with the PC (I have several) it is an issue with the monitor. Not sure if its the Caps or Something else. Here goes:

Re: Xerox XG-91D (proview I think)

Here are two images, I can get more (clearer if needed).
    Attached Files

Comment

that part its probably a torrid , the caps usually go bad on the powerboard on the high voltage side, i would replace the 6 capacitors and retest lcd , i am confident sure this will solve your problem

Comment

I have one of these monitors and the lcd screen shows a vertical line on the left side of the monitor about one inch from the edge. It runs the entire length of the screen. It only does this when the monitor is actually in windows. During start up it does not appear to do this. It seems to only be when there is color on the screen. Any ideas what the heck this can be? None of the capacitors appear to be bulging.

Comment

Originally posted by abramcookson
          Here are two images, I can get more (clearer if needed).
          The cap model codes remind me of Nichicon.
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

That part is a Torrid (as said)
            That kind of Torrid is a piece if Iron based rod (the core) wrapped with wire (the winding) and then covered with heat shrink (insulation).
            They very rarely go bad. (There is nothing much to go bad.)
            They have other uses but in your photo they appear to be being used as the Inductors in PI output filters. (A common use for them.)

Those Green caps (at least the one I can see) is a Samxon GF series.
            Samxon GF and GL series are pretty much junk.
            They go bad in LCD TVs and Monitors frequently.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

Hello,

I have same monitor, that now starts to give problems, also with the green samxon caps... This monitor turns off after several hours use..

I took some of the samxon caps out and measure the capacity, that seems ok, but ofcause the ESR can be bad... but is that normal?

what about samxon KM series is that better?

Kasper

Comment

No, Samxon's GF are low ESR and their KM aren't.

http://www.manyue.com/samxon_series_chart.html
                Click on the series and the specs sheet will come up in a PDF.

I would use Panasonic FM or better to replace Samxon GF.

Panasonic FC are -usually- good enough for caps in screens but they aren't rated well enough to replace GF.

Good luck.
                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by repzak
                  Hello,

I have same monitor, that now starts to give problems, also with the green samxon caps... This monitor turns off after several hours use..

I took some of the samxon caps out and measure the capacity, that seems ok, but ofcause the ESR can be bad... but is that normal?

what about samxon KM series is that better?

Kasper
                  Had a Xerox XAP-192i that use to do the same thing, the two small inverter caps were the problem
                  Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X