Asus R505CB (K56CM motherboard) backlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus R505CB (K56CM motherboard) backlight problem

highpulse> u repair it by replaced measured 0 ohm resistor with another 0 ohm resistor?

HAHAHAHAH u made my day

Comment

I don't know about Highpulse but i test it with a jumper now that i have replaced with a 0 resistor it works fine , crasy little thing ...

Comment

if u have coil u must replace it with coil. 0ohm resistor is not the same as coil

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
          if u have coil u must replace it with coil. 0ohm resistor is not the same as coil
          I know but it was a resitor not a coil which was fried .

Read again post 17 .

Comment

Originally posted by highpulse View Post
            ok it might get handy to some of you , backlight problems usually due to bad LED_VCC_INV

this is due to bad resistor near (R4609) one side is AC bat sys 19 volts and outher side is the ledvcc inv , and if you notice you will see around 1 to 3 volts in my case was around 1.69 when it should be 19 , cheking resistor it says 000 (meaning short resistor , or 0 ohm ) so it should not have any kind of resistance , replacng it with a 0 ohm resistor , made the machine working , also notice that +5vcam , also need to be replace since you're gonna test it and notice there is no continuity in this 0 ohm resistor .

hope it help someone in the future

location of the resistor is bottom side of board , near the place were the lvds socket is but on oposite side . with bdv is easy to find net names and chek wich one im speaking but if you look carefully you will notice 2 resistors with 000 or 0 , and they should make continuity if not then replace
            hi. can tell me what can i replace with blown resistor r4614. i cant see the value anymore.
            i have a board when its cold, diaplay is ok. but after awhile the lcd screen totally no display and no backlight. ruled oud screed and lvds cable.
            thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X