Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung B2230N Yellow Screen

Hello everyone,

I have a problem on monitor from title as a yellow coating on the screen. The problem is the chip that can be seen in the pictures below ( C96mJ ). I have no schematic for that monitor but I found that the problem is short-circuit from a blue to ground. The question is how to find this chip - is it possible to obtain/buy somewhere?
    Thank you for any help!

Re: Samsung B2230N Yellow Screen

Does anyone know which model of samsung monitor also uses this chip?

Comment

Nasty one, indeed. Couldn't find datasheet, just alibaba sales etc, and they sell it by a lot ofc.

However, that should be one of the following ICs. Can't see a number from your pics. I say desolder it and check that pin to ground. Only if you lose conectivity to ground, you can blame the chip itself.
      That IC, like any other, has at least one leg (could be more) connected to GND. If the pin itself is connected to ground, and you know it shouldn't be, then follow traces and try to find shorted component (most likely a cap).

There are other methods (injecting current) to finding a shorted component, but you have to be positive on short before dwelling into that.
      Attached Files
      stay classy

Comment

Chip was desoldered and checked and have short from blue pin to ground pin. And yes, it is hard to find this chip. Now I'm interested in models of samsung monitors that use this chip. I want to find faulty monitor and use this chip for repair.

Comment

hi
          please check some part near VGA socket (RGB input line) .have you seem problem on screen without connecting signal cable?(NO signal )

Comment

Without cable message "missing input" is fine, all colors appear real. Chip that is problematic has a hole at the bottom and short from the pin for the blue color to the ground. The question is, from which Samsung monitor, other than this, can I get that chip.

P.S.
            Apologies for the terrible English, and thanks to google translator.

Comment

how about DVI input?seem problem?you can remove damage part and use DVI port
              Last edited by boyebaran; 09-22-2016, 02:18 AM.

Comment

There is no DVI port.

Comment

Samsung E1920n .i think u can find this part in this model(LS19CLYSB / EN)
                  Last edited by boyebaran; 09-22-2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

please see page 28
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by boyebaran; 09-22-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

i think C96mJ is ok and some parts in RGB line or your VGA controller ic have a problem.for sure you can remove this ic and check blue input pin in rgb socket(testing with multi-meter) .you said blue is shorted to GND SO Blue pin in this socket must be short to GND.if you remove this ic and
                      like before blue pin in socket was short to gnd therefore IC have not problem.
                      sorry for bad english
                      Last edited by boyebaran; 09-22-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

please read two part number that i show in picture.and measure ohm in pin 1,2,3 to GND as i show .
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by boyebaran; 09-22-2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X