X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everybody,

Found the forum on google when i was searching for a fix to replace the Nec/Tokin from the Toshibas.

Today i ran into a problem and decided to visit the forum, as i want to be more active i decided to make my presentation.
    Oh, forgot to mention that i'm from Portugal

Regards to all!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from New Hampshire. I found this site while Googling a "Two seconds to black" issue I'm having with a Dell monitor. Lots of great information here. Hopefully I can put it to good use!

Comment

Hi my name is Evan. I joined this forum to help others solve their problems as well as in getting some assistance with my own.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello friends!

My name is Angelo, i'm owner of a computers shop in Catania, Sicily.

I'm glad to be here in this amazing community!

See you soon, Bye now.

Comment

Hi, everyone! I had an iMac that wouldn't turn on after I moved back from Hawaii, and I decided to get stubborn with it.

Apparently I'm not the only one with a dead iMac. I consider that a good thing.

Anyway, I'm in school now for nuclear engineering, and I think taking electronics repair as a hobby could be of value to me.

I've already done a few electronics fixes, but right now I'm at the stage where I look for a component that is physically damaged. It's worked surprisingly well so far, but I want something more.

Comment

Most perplexing. Post introduction here but then no Start button.
                I guess this is the only way to post anything to this thread. Very odd.

Maybe someone should make the process a little more reasonable to traverse. Do I think posting my introduction here is what is being asked? No, I imagine it's elsewhere but I'll continue to type as I see no alternative.

Why do intelligent people muck up a simple process? Only solution is the 'post reply' button or this box. Oh well.

Comment

Hello!

I'm Andrej and adicted to electronic stuff.

Comment

Greetings I'm just looking to find assistance on how to fix a TV, thanks!

Comment

well hello there from queensland .. don't no much about laptops .. but am willing to learn new tricks .. just wanted to say hi to all an thanks in advanced for any an all help from yous ..;]

Comment

Hiya, having a technical job at a college before, I was able to obtain about dead 10 monitors, all with the same problem. Knowing just rudimentary electronics, I knew some basics to look for. So was able to fix a few with just straight up cap replacement. But some seem to need more attention. So came here for additional info. So far, most have been Acer AL2017 (Rev 00A power) and AL1717. Just recently did the cap replacement on two Dell 2208WFPt, and got those working.

So in an effort to clean up my dead monitor shelf, I'm coming here for further assistance with the Acers. And of course future monitor/tv fixing endeavors!

Comment

Hi, Just saying hi as per the rules.

I've been repairing pcs for a while now and more recently laptops.

Comment

Saludos desde Argentina

Greetings from Argentina

Trying to repair some bricked appliances down here

Fernando

Comment

Interesting Security for pre posting.

Name is David Rodriguez.

I graduated with a bachelors in Computer and Information Technology from South Texas College.

I currently work as a Desktop/Windows Tech.

Looking to learn more with this site.

May the Force be with you.

Comment

Well then, hello all. Do not let the IEEE e-mail address fool you: I'm a member of the computer society who hasn't soldered a capacitor onto a PC board in about 40 years now.

Joined up because people here know how to do things that I don't know. Most useful.

Comment

working on a sony kdl 46v4100 no menu or picture

Comment

Hello everyone. I am just a boy from Oklahoma. Was in the Automotive industry for 28 years and now am semi retired with two part time jobs, property management and customer service for industrial supply company. Have always been interested in electronics since I was a kid and had electronics in High School for two years back in mid sixties.

Got interested in repairing when our old sharp 32" tube started getting lines on the screen. I bought a Samsung 32" smart TV to put in its place and it looked like crap in the old entertainment center. so I got busy on the old one, got me an ESR and Cap meter to go with my others and got it fixed. The Samsung is in our bedroom now.

So far have fixed my dell monitor I use in the garage, a computer power supply, a buddy's Samsung flat screen, and now have a Philips 40" I am attempting to get going.

Comment

Good afternoon,
                                      joining is part of my relatively new venture into attempting to fix fancy electrical thingamabobs. I have no fear when it comes to taking things apart and figuring out what is wrong, which has served me very well over the years with all things automobile. Hopefully this translate into electrical items, looking forward to plugging in to the wealth of knowledge on this forum.
                                      First in line is a LG plasma

regards

Nick

Comment

Test

Comment

Nothing special here. I'm just poor and always dreamed of having a big tv. Found one that looked like new next to the trash and took it home hoping to get lucky fix it.
                                          Actually I would use it as a monitor so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                                          X