Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Panasonic TC-P50S30 IS DEAD

Originally posted by budwich View Post
    with power off / disconnected, check pin 28 on ic5000 (ie. 1.2v supply for the micro) for resistance to ground. Mine reads in the >50K ohms. This tells me at least that the supply voltage will see a relatively good load from the main processor. I suspect yours will read badly... :-(
    No, not into chip replacement. No front panel led. Ic5000 pin 28 is shorted to ground. It appears I need a new A board. I'll post a pic of my a board part number and suffix chart. I've watched the 2 videos on shopjimmy about suffix identification repeatedly. I understand the first one with the upper and lower boxes but the second video confuses me. Maybe someone on here can tell me what suffix my board is.
    Attached Files

Comment

the "no front panel led" is still rather "funny" in that based on the standby chart 24, it would appear that there is very little to get in the way for the led to light assuming the standby voltage makes it all the way.

I hope you find a replacement card that is correct.... i think my set has the same card. My guess would be you have an "AN" card based on where the "resistor" is on the "chart"... but I that is just a guess.

IF I understand this link correctly http://www.usefulparts.com/images/gf...nic-suffix.jpg

then my guess would be AL .... :-)

fun with dots... :-) after looking some more... I think it AC.... the first single dot in the row with the resistor pack.
      Last edited by budwich; 07-16-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
        the "no front panel led" is still rather "funny" in that based on the standby chart 24, it would appear that there is very little to get in the way for the led to light assuming the standby voltage makes it all the way.

I hope you find a replacement card that is correct.... i think my set has the same card. My guess would be you have an "AN" card based on where the "resistor" is on the "chart"
        Can you elaborate on your deduction of AN. I just can't see how to deduce that. Also ic5000, pin 29 is shorted to ground.

Comment

I'm sure there are a lot of good parts on this chassis and I've read that Panasonics plasma displays are "rock solid" but I've also read that these main boards are getting hard to get ahold of. This thing just might end up as target practice.

Comment

The led is supplied with standby 5v but it looks like it is driven directly by the peaks ic on the A board.

I would suggest the suffix is AC. With only one resistor in place in position (2)
            to be a AN would require no resistor in position (2). and resistors in positions (3) and (4)

I think shopjimmy suggests TNPH0914AC, TNPH0914AS, TNPH0914AK would work?
            Last edited by R_J; 07-16-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

fun with dots... :-) after looking some more... I think it AC.... the first single dot in the row with the resistor pack. This aligns with shopjimmy which shows an AQ card which has three resistor and then the corresponding first "set of three" that aligns with that configuration is AQ.

ooops... I see RJ has already "corrected" me.... good.
              Last edited by budwich; 07-16-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by notch8 View Post
                I'm sure there are a lot of good parts on this chassis and I've read that Panasonics plasma displays are "rock solid" but I've also read that these main boards are getting hard to get ahold of. This thing just might end up as target practice.
                :-( I realize the a board is pretty expensive and it looks like the main processor might be the culprit although that still might not be true.

The ic5000 might actually be bad only (ie. the regulator on the 1.2 line is shot). IF you still want to play with it some more, I would see if you can "lift" / cut pin 28 so that it is not touching the board (ie. isolate it) and then do the resistance measurement again.... both at the pin 28 to ground and also the now isolated track. I know you don't want to do any soldering but perhaps you might find that only that ic needs replacing.... sometimes you can find some one locally that is willing to give that a shot (ie phone repair guy). Of course, if you do scrap the set, perhaps someone (me... maybe) might be willing to buy a card (sc) from you for a reasonable price. :-)
                Last edited by budwich; 07-16-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                  The led is supplied with standby 5v but it looks like it is driven directly by the peaks ic on the A board.

I would suggest the suffix is AC. With only one resistor in place in position (2)
                  to be a AN would require no resistor in position (2). and resistors in positions (3) and (4)

I think shopjimmy suggests TNPH0914AC, TNPH0914AS, TNPH0914AK would work?
                  Thanks a lot!

Comment

Yes the best bet is to get a replacement Main Bd. if you can. Did you measure the Vs to GND resistance on the SC and SS Bds as I suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                      Yes the best bet is to get a replacement Main Bd. if you can. Did you measure the Vs to GND resistance on the SC and SS Bds as I suggested?
                      Yes I did with my cheap digital VOM and the readings on both boards went to infinity 1 (with meter set on 20K or 200K) so I figured they were ok. Just for the heck of it I pulled out my old RS analog meter, set on rx1, and tested again. SC VSUS=18.1 ohms and SS VSUS=45.0 ohms. Both tests were done with the connectors unplugged at their respective boards.

So, IDK, do I also have SC/SS board problems?
                      Last edited by notch8; 07-17-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I think you want to "toss" the RS meter out... :-)... or at least check its fuses and batteries.

I checked my resistance on both sc and ss cards (Vsus inputs).... SS was around 1M and reducing (ie. some form of capacitance) and the SC was 5M and reducing... this was on auto ranging. Note: my SC had shorted components which have been mostly replaced / checked (ie. fets, diodes) but still has some components removed and not replaced yet as I am waiting on the "boat".

Its too bad you aren't a bit closer... we could probably "frankenstein" one set together... :-)

PS. I would like to add that my RS analog on RX1 doesn't deflect taking the readings... meaning "over".... :-)
                        Last edited by budwich; 07-17-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Partial original quote by budwich: Its too bad you aren't a bit closer... we could probably "frankenstein" one set together... :-)

I like this statement

If the battery and fuses are OK with the RS meter try switching the RED and BLACK leads on the pins and yes RX1 is the setting to use. I still depend on my Analogue Meter for diode and continuity checks even though the Digital Meter can do the same. I am very 'old' school...

Comment

Toss the analog....never! We've been together way too long for that. I crossed the leads on the analog and got infinity on both boards. I really don't think there's anything wrong with them. I pulled out my auto rangeing meter, it's still new, bought in '97, I don't like it, I'm old school too. I'll read the instructions again and see if I can get a reading with it. Hey...we're having fun ain't we!
                            Attached Files

Comment

yep same meter. I know that my RS has some problems especially in the voltage readings. Anyways, based on your "readings" (2nd ones, maybe...), it would appear that your boards are good. Having said that, the RX1 uses the least amount of power and of course only goes to something 200 which isn't very much when you are looking at K's or M's..... but its always good to work your way up. As for the digital, I have that one also but it only works on a couple of measurements as it was "abused" during its life and has been replaced by a new autoranging unit.

Comment

I would think the boards are OK. Can you get a replacement Main Bd.??

Comment

I would think the boards are OK. Can you get a replacement Main Bd.??
                                  I agree. I tried again with the autoranging meter and got 300 M ohms on SC and 3000 M ohms on SS, IDK, I hate that meter. Yes I think I can get a supposedly good used A board. I never did the vdata p35 voltage test on the power board so I thought I would hook up the resistors again and do that before I get the A board. If the power board passes that test I'll put a new a card in it and see what happens.

Comment

I'm not much of a fan of autoranging meters, but with most you can overide the function and select a range, usually with a button push somewhere.

Comment

I'm not too sure about this particular P-Bd. but the Vda is produced by the Vs, so if the Vs and all the other P-Bd. derived voltages are produced I would think the Vda is OK. I wouldn't redo the test, I'd just get the new A-Bd and enjoy my TV after that. However, if you think you should I won't stop you from testing the Vda. Good Luck, my friend. Oh certainly I am enjoying this thread very much.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                        I'm not much of a fan of autoranging meters, but with most you can overide the function and select a range, usually with a button push somewhere.
                                        Me neither and you are exactly right about the override feature, I just read it again for the 10th time and I watch the decimal point go from 4 to 40 to 400, K, M and AUTO aaaarrrrr, I hate it!

This meter has a separate setting for checking continuity besides all the resistance settings. I paid $40 for this thing back in '97 and it's still new cause I hate it.

Comment

I'm not too sure about this particular P-Bd. but the Vda is produced by the Vs, so if the Vs and all the other P-Bd. derived voltages are produced I would think the Vda is OK. I wouldn't redo the test, I'd just get the new A-Bd and enjoy my TV after that. However, if you think you should I won't stop you from testing the Vda. Good Luck, my friend. Oh certainly I am enjoying this thread very much.
                                          I kind of figured you say that about the retest. I think I'll take a chance on it the way it is, replace the A and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

On a side note, when I first took the back off of this thing, something caught my eye right off. Somebody replaced a chip on the SU board. IC 602. Here's a couple of pics.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X