Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement LED's for OD416D11-ZC14F-02 LED strip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacement LED's for OD416D11-ZC14F-02 LED strip?

That is typically average.

Comment

Ok ... here's a pic of the new shorter strips laid out beside one of the old strips in the casing.

Doesn't look like much of a difference to me in LED spread when laid beside each other.

Couple of questions:

1) Do you experienced guys think it's fine to fix them in place as in the picture or should I stagger them?

2) The new strips have 3M double sided tape along the entire back surface ... should I just stick them on with this or should I remove it and use the fixing screws from the old strips (I'll just drill holes in the appropriate places on the new strips). Not sure if the aluminium of the strips is supposed to make contact with the casing for better cooling?

3) Where I have to cut new holes on the diffusion/reflection sheet for the LED's ... should I cover the old holes with some other bits of glossy white paper or does it not matter and they can be left open?
      Attached Files

Comment

Answers to your questions are;
        1. You can fix them in place as you have it in the picture.
        2. Use the double sided tape to fix then in place. DO NOT drill holes in the new strips as you will break connections and damage the new strips. The Heat transfer will be adequate with the two sided tape.
        3. The original holes do not need to be covered with anything.

Comment

New LED's working well ... a big thanks from me and my young son (who's going to be using the TV now) to all of you who helped!

Just one last question ... When I connected the full set of new LED's to the TV power supply and turned it on ... the LED output (all 4 strips on one connector) on the board was only reading 67v.

With 44 x 3v LED's I was expecting higher ... why was it so low and yet all LED's were lit?
          Attached Files

Comment

Glad you got your TV working again. Is that 67V on the +ve with chassis GND? What did you get with the -ve with chassis GND? Minus the +ve V reading from the -ve V reading and the difference is what the LEDs are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by check12 View Post
              What a nightmare this is turning out to be .....

Ordered replacements from China as detailed above ... advert stated the correct serial numbers (as above) but they have sent the completely wrong parts: 4 x strips of 11 (HL-3F750A28-1101S-03 A2 E334789) the lenses look the same but the strips they have sent are for a 32" TV and the one I have here is 42" ....

I've popped one of the lenses and the LED's although same size and very similar to look at appear to have a slightly diffrerent colour temp when testing them with my MM.

I have sent YOYCART.com where I bought them a mail but I'm not holding my breath for a solution.

Anybody dealt with wrong parts sent from China before?
              Yes, my friend. I order a lot from Aliexpress and i must say that every third order that arrives is wrong. I ordered 20 x 904mm x 4mm CCFL lamps which were meant for a Sony and when i opened the package it was 904mm x 3.4mm cclf lamps but the problem was the end points. Sony uses a metal encapsulation on the one side, same as a glass fuses end but the other side is just a pin sticking out about 4mm. The one i got was having a pin on each side. I complained with pictures but they feel a F@#k. So long as they got your money all well with them. I paid $120 for those lamps including shipping and they simply said i should ship them back in order to get a full refund. Shipping is expensive. There is no way i could ship it out and pay shipping a second time and have nothing to show for it and the china man is happy. Let me tell you Aliexpress is unethical. Beware.

Comment

I have been dealing with many suppliers via e-bay from China and My experiences have been all good so far. The Chinese in my view are very polite and helpful and I have never received any thing from China that does not work or was the wrong product. But my luck is not your luck. Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                  I have been dealing with many suppliers via e-bay from China and My experiences have been all good so far. The Chinese in my view are very polite and helpful and I have never received any thing from China that does not work or was the wrong product. But my luck is not your luck. Regards.
                  That's for sure. I receive weird things like once i ordered a SOIC socket for my eprom programmer and they sent me a humidity sensor. Go figure.

Comment

Another time i ordered a TCON board and they sent me something corroded that it looked like it came from the rubbish dump.

Comment

Keeping my fingers and toes even crossed that I never have to go through that pain. I can imagine as the shipment takes so long and you are waiting in anticipation only to be disappointed. Sorry.

Comment

Hmmm ... although all LED's are working and the TV initially looked fine .. I have noticed dark areas down each side of the screen (not so bad when images are moving but really obvious when looking at single static colours).

The outer LED's on each strip were only 20mm shorter than the original strips on each side ... although the chinese seller was adament these are the proper compatible part when I look up the serial number for them it seems they are most often used in 32" TV's and mine is 41.6"

I have also noticed some mark's on the screen ... maybe fingerprints or dust and small debris that had gathered on the diffuser sheets with them sitting off the TV for a couple of weeks. As this is my first TV repair I didn't know to watch out for this.

Any advice or suggestions on how to deal with the dark lines or how to properly clean the diffuser sheets?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wipe them clean with IPA.
                          Did you stagger the strips? That would have prevented the dark edges.

Comment

i always wear gloves to remove panels and never leave a set open longer than need to.
                            i will even reasseble a panel if i cant finish on the day that i open it.
                            i have to reopen one at the moment because of a hair that fell between the panel and diffuser sheets.
                            WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                              Wipe them clean with IPA.
                              Did you stagger the strips? That would have prevented the dark edges.
                              Is straight 99% IPA ok? ... I've got loads of that here.

I fitted the strips exactly as in the picture in post #22 ... you said at the time that was ok to do it that way.

When you say stagger do you mean e.g. top strip full left, 2nd strip full right, 3rd strip full left, bottom strip full right? ... or did you mean split them in places and spread them about more evenly with connecting wires?

Originally posted by attainteddragon View Post
                              i always wear gloves to remove panels and never leave a set open longer than need to.
                              i will even reasseble a panel if i cant finish on the day that i open it.
                              i have to reopen one at the moment because of a hair that fell between the panel and diffuser sheets.
                              Yes I had no idea you had to be so meticulous ... I gave the sheets a quick blow and wipe with a microfibre cloth but that obviously wasn't anywhere near enough. It looks like a couple of hairs and a small patch of dust I missed ... really annoying once you've noticed them.

Oh well when I get some more free time I'll open it up again and try and get it right this time.

What kind of gloves do you think are best?

Comment

nitrile gloves are fine. but any rubber would be good as long as it isn't oily as all.
                                WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Working...
                                X