Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperFlower SF-530T04

does anybody have one of these??

i broke a resistor on the fan controller while removing glue that was on the thermocouple!

looking for the value of R3 on the underside of the fan controller.
    marked in green in the foto.
    Attached Files

Re: SuperFlower SF-530T04

Hi, Sorry, but nothing similar. Until you find something, you can try to find a 5v, or 12v source, and connect the fan to it, and after some monitoring you can use it with fixed speed.

Comment

yes, i know but it has 5 fans!!

Comment

Run all 5 on 12V? Weeeeeee....
        Just kidding.

You're picture of the PCB is very blurry so I can't see the circuit at all. Looks pretty complicated with those ICs, but we may still be able to figure it out if there are better pictures.

Worst case, what if you put a multi-turn pot in place of that resistor and vary it (starting with a very high resistance and going lower) until the circuit works?

Comment

i was thinking of 12v on all fans, because i intend to use it to test stuff.

Comment

Testing? Like what, trying to see if you can replace your yard leaf blower.

In all seriousness, I'd probably put them all on 7V (positive connected to 12V, negative to 5V). Done that more times than I care to remember now. Always works pretty well for me.

Or if the fans are all identical, you can run two in series on the 12V rail for each one to receive 6V. That should still be considerably faster than at 5V. In general, I find that most 12V fans tend to have best airflow/noise ratio around 6-8V. Beyond 8V, they get a bit noisy (or very much), and below 6V, they turn too a bit too slow. Only the small (60 mm or less), high power (300 mA or more) fans can usually be used at 5V and still have decent airflow and air pressure (due to being higher RPM).

Comment

well they arent identical at all.

and the controller is complex, it has a set of button selectable profiles consisting of a base-speed that is maintained until the temp goes over a set point after which the fans ramp up.

thats why it has so many chips - one is a decimal counter used to step through the profiles and drive an RGB status led.

Comment

Vote better picture! so maybe we can reverse engineer!

Comment

i was thinking that actually, but so many tracks go under the chips that i would have to lift them off.
                  so for now- not going that far.
                  i will post a pic later of the leds & button bit.

Comment

Working...
                  X