Mr. Coffee BVMC-TJX37-RB power board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Coffee BVMC-TJX37-RB power board

I know this is a weird question lol, but I want to repair this board that came out of my coffee maker. It just suddenly stopped having power. I took it apart and this is the only board in the coffee pot. it looks like it has a blown resister. I can solder a new one in there but I have no idea what to get to replace it with. Anyone know what that is? I circled it in red where its labeled R3. Thank you in advance for any help. Is there a fuse on this board? If so, where?
    Attached Files

Re: Mr. Coffee BVMC-TJX37-RB power board

Post a clear picture of the other side of the board, that could help. There are usually thermal fuses located in the coffee maker that may have opened causing no power. In this picture there is a thermal cutoff attached to the tube and 2 thermal fuses in series
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 10-02-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Ok, thank you. Here is a picture of the back of the board.
      Attached Files

Comment

With an Ohm meter both of the thermal fuses test good.

Comment

Did you measure that R3 resistor, it might be ok but just heat stressed, You might need to remove one end to get a good reading.
          Do you get line voltage accros acl & acn ?
          do you get any dc accross C4 Cap.?
          Looks like ac line comes through C2 and goes through R1, is rectified by D1 & d2, filtered by C4 and dropped to less than 35volts (maybe around 25 volts) by ZD1. It then passes through R3 and is regulated by ZD2 which must feed the processor board.
          If you don't any dc voltage accross C4, unplug the white plug with the 5 wires and see if that voltage comes up.
          Last edited by R_J; 10-02-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

To me it looks like a current limiting resistor this setup is use in LED nights it is very simple
            you just need to know what the current draw of the controller and what ever else it powers

The best way to do this is if you have a variable power supply
            Look at the caps around the power input of the controller board just make sure NOT go higher than voltage

This is to find out what your current draw do this carefully take your time doing this you can burn up the controller

Slow bring up your voltage until the controller powers ON and works the way it should

Then use Ohms Law to get what resistor you need to use
            Just make sure to use 120 volt and what your current is
            You might have to adjust the value of the resistor to have the right current value

Put the resistor value on the board and make sure that your voltage and current is the values that you need it, this is the voltage and current form your testing that you did

The way I would do this if you have some high current LEDs or a MR16 20 watt light bulb just put enough together to get the current value that you need to have

Just remember that you are working with 120 volts AC which can hurt or can kill you so be careful when doing this last part *****************************

I hope this helps
            Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 10-02-2016, 08:25 PM.
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
            10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
            6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
            1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
            25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
            6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply
            1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
            2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
            All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              Did you measure that R3 resistor, it might be ok but just heat stressed,

Looks like ac line comes through C2 and goes through R1, is rectified by D1 & d2, filtered by C4 and dropped to less than 35volts (maybe around 25 volts) by ZD1. It then passes through R3 and is regulated by ZD2 which must feed the processor board.
              If you don't any dc voltage accross C4, unplug the white plug with the 5 wires and see if that voltage comes up.
              You could also do this as well but I am going to add a little bit more
              You could also hook your adjustable power supply to the the 35 volt capacitor and put 24 volts to the board and if everything works or not
              do the same thing to find the current value you need to find the resistor value and test it same way this if the resistor measure open
              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 10-02-2016, 08:45 PM.
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
              10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
              6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
              1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
              25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
              6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply
              1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
              2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
              All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Check to see if Zener diode ZD2 is good or not (R3 feeds that zd2).
                Attached Files
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Could someone with this model coffee maker please confirm how they were able to unscrew the base, or if they've had the same trouble I have.

The four back screws were simple as they were a standard philips. I cannot identify what the 2 front screws under the heat plate (hidden by rubber feet) are and I'm curious how others have disassembled.

Comment

Using this site as a reference to an older model (https://www.instructables.com/id/Rep...-Coffee-Maker/) it seems to take a security torx. Hopefully I can get it off and post back in a new thread for some EE assistance.

Sorry for reviving this post. There isn't too many technical pieces for this model on the net.

Comment

Working...
                    X