DSE GE6810 very strange eeprom gone troppo I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSE GE6810 very strange eeprom gone troppo I think

Got this set over a year ago. Side buttons didn't work properly but I set it up eventually for DVD play and gave it to a guy purely for that purpose with instruction "don't touch anything". Eventually the set stopped coming on and he put it aside. Now got it back with me and at first it turns on displaying green light so stuck in startup - no backlights. Pulled back off and all voltages present and spot on including 24v to backlights. Cycled power a couple of times and get backlights, menu, etc. Connect up to signal source and perform factory reset, do tune in, all good set works off remote and side buttons. Goes for hours no problem. Turn off with remote. Next day only green led on front and further recycles needed - set then displays normal pictures again for hours but this time remote and side buttons not work. Turn off at pp. Today get it going again after several attempts and only displays program info no picture present. Tried again later and after few attempts get pictures as usual but now program info permanently displayed BUT note date (see pic). Weird but must be flash memory problem. Does anyone know service code ? I'm hoping there maybe a factory reset or eeprom init in that menu.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maxvalutech; 12-16-2017, 12:46 AM.

Re: DSE GE6810 very strange eeprom gone troppo I think

Should have mentioned this set is a Chinese generic with local brand since gone to the wall. When opened I noticed the main board carried dreaded (by me at least) initials MSD in the part number - have several sets with various boards by this mob and all seem to have eeprom corrupt with no info available.

Comment

Have you checked the reset device (if it has one) . Had similar experience on a Crt one ages ago and microprocessor and crystal replaced and was still the same, replaced the reset transistor and the problem never surfaced again. May be the same may not be.

Comment

yeah sounds like a eeprom error all right. tried freezing the flash chip to see if any difference? and do you have eeprom reading/writing equipment?

Comment

Just to finish this thread I managed to get this set going normally at times and put a number of hours on it while I looked for any info I could find. The main board is used in many cheaper sets. On opening it up again I noticed a 470uf 16v cap just above main processor cover (c163) was starting to swell. Replaced it and now set going normally and switching on/off OK. This cap must have been affecting main processor or eeprom or both. Main is MSDV3206 ZC01-01 B.
          Last edited by maxvalutech; 01-12-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X