SAMSUNG un60es6100 bad panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG un60es6100 bad panel?

I have Samsung un60es6100, it would turn on had sound no picture just backlights on. I replaced tcon and all I get is vertical Bars shown in picture . Is the panel just gone bad?
    Attached Files

Re: SAMSUNG un60es6100 bad panel?

There is a good chance it is. Try removing one ribbon at a time from the T-con and see if half of the picture returns.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I did try remove one side at a time . Just white on that side no visible picture on the other side the bars do change and no pictures

Comment

I would say about 90% chance it is a bad panel.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Do all the tabs fail at once or is it the boards that drive the tab Bond that fail.

Comment

hard to tell by your picture, but are the "vertical linings" happening on both "halves" of the screen? If not, then something isn't right that you have no picture when the bad half is disconnected. Otherwise, if on both sides, likely its a panel BUT it could be a "washing event"... :-) check the bottom edge boards for "water damage".

Comment

Basically an LCD panel is driven from the top, array of source drivers, which send each line of video to the screen. You probably do not know how an LCD pixel works but it is a lot like a transistor which has a drain, source and gate. The drain is one end of the actual liquid crystal cell. (The other end connects to a common voltage, something called VCOM.)

The gate drivers which run along the left and/or right of the screen select the appropriate line to "write" data to.

So you can think that for each line of video data on the screen, if the gate driver signals are incorrect, then the same data will be written to each line. This is what you are seeing, essentially all pixels are getting all data written to them, the line select is not working.

To get the signals to the line select driver ICs (gate ICs), the signals are often, though not always, passed through the source driver ICs which run along the top of the panel. So most likely it is:

- Connectivity issue between the source driver and the gate driver ICs, so the gate drivers do not select the right line
              - Connectivity issue between the source driver and panel board, so the source driver cannot forward the data
              - Issue with the T-con, such as an output issue or programming failure (rare, but the only truly fixable issue)
              - Short on a gate driver IC causing addressing issues
              - Fault on first gate driver IC in the panel causing all subsequent addressing to fail (there are usually 4-8 gate drivers depending on the resolution of the screen)

Too long, didn't read? Panel's probably fucked. But there's a small chance it can be fixed, budwich may be able to advise if the Sharp hack applies here.

Comment

Well said Tom!
                Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thanks for the info.

This is tcon they sent me BN41-01947A if I got wrong tcon would it cause this issue? I have had bad panels before but disconnecting one side or other get some sort of picture

Comment

Should be a BN95-00708C. Do you see this number on any of the tags on the board? Apparently this panel is manufactured by sharp

Comment

The board they gave you is for a un60f6300 or 6350 series tv. One year newer Unless they know something I don't it sounds like it's completely the wrong board. Even though it appears that both of these boards operate a Sharp LCD panel they may have different output drive signals

Comment

On shop Jimmy the board I got says it can be used as a substitute but in the description says the board's been modified to be a substitute for the board I need. I didn't get my board from shopjimmy so I wonder what modifications they do that it can be a substitute

Comment

Most likely flashed eeprom.

Comment

Why don't yo try repair the old tcon? Maybe post an hi-res sun-light picture..

Comment

Working...
                            X