Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 43UF640V half picture

hi all, help advice needed please if anyone knows
    been given this LG tv, it was going to tip, owner has far to much money and went and bought a new tv
    when powered up it gives a picture as in the photo ie: half the screen perfect other half has a picture but is shaded.
    changed the tcon board thinking that was its problem but no change in picture
    swapped tcon ribbons same no change
    any ideas please,
    I am not at home till next week so can not send pics of internal boards till I get home
    thanks

Re: LG 43UF640V half picture

think this must be also a picture of the tcon as it was next to the screen picture on my phone, so would have been taken at the same time
    Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps something on the PCB attached to the TCON has failed.

Comment

I Had the same problem with my panasonic ,too much carbon on the Tab Bonding On the Panel, Try to clean the tabs connected on the shaded side with an Eraser, hope your problem will be solved.

For Example.
        See the Exact Area in The Pics.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tiku; 12-01-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

will check that next week when back home, thanks

Comment

ok had a look at tab bonding all looks ok, pressing on all tab bonds whilst tv is on makes no difference to picture,
            this seems to me a tcon board problem ??? maybe my used replacement is also bad ???
            can i connect left side ribbon from the tcon to the right side of the screen to see if right side of screen then works as it should, or is that a dodgy move, or maybe try and get another tcon board
            Attached Files

Comment

Have you checked the capacitors on the PCB for shorts ?
              I take it you know the cable is not located properly in photo 1 ?

Comment

hi thanks for that yes cables are located properly, not sure which board caps you are meaning, do you mean tcon board caps or screen driver board ?

Comment

just ordered another tcon board (used),

Comment

Originally posted by london-freddie View Post
                    hi thanks for that yes cables are located properly, not sure which board caps you are meaning, do you mean tcon board caps or screen driver board ?
                    Photo 3, the thin pcb that's attached to the screen. Doubtful your replacement tcon also had the original fault.

Comment

no not checked caps on that board, will try and check them now

Comment

I think your original T-Con is OK, But seems very dirty, it need a Good Bath in Ultrasonic Cleaner. Get it cleaned,it will work again.

but do check first with swapping the LVDS Cable, if the shaded side changes then certainly its a faulty T-Con.

Hey your LVDS Cable is not connected properly.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by tiku; 12-05-2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

caps on screen driver board seem all ok ie: no shorts on caps

Comment

just cleaned tcon board with electrical contact cleaner, refitted tcon tv picture 100%. great, However after a few minutes reverted back to half screen perfect other half working but shaded

Comment

working, not for long though, back now to half screen
                              Attached Files

Comment

It surely needs a thorough cleaning,because mere cleaning with contact cleaner will only do a surface cleaning, where as it need cleaning below the smd's also.

Comment

i have no no ultrasonic cleaner

Comment

going to try heat on tcon board, after cleaning I dried it on a radiator maybe board was warm when I refitted it and it worked
                                    Attached Files

Comment

just warmed tcon board, no change still half picture, will have to wait for this next replacement tcon to arrive

Comment

Ok take a soft toothbrush and a detergant powder or liquid, make a lather in a tub or a bucket, and dip T-Con in it,clean thoroughly with a toothbrush for atleast 10-15 minutes,front and back side, after that wash it under running tap water, with pressure so if there is any corrosion beneath the smd;s, it gets cleaned, then after that if you have 99% Isopropyl alcholol Solution, Dip in it for 1-2 minutes, or pour on it, so that it dries out water from T-Con, then Dry T-Con with Hair Dryer, keep it aside for atleast 10-15 minutes, then dry again with hair dryer if you are not sure if all the moisture is dried out, then you can re-connect T-Con.
                                        Last edited by tiku; 12-05-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X