• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook 820 G2 bios needed

Originally posted by kimballen View Post
    HI! I have done a new read of the chip this one is better i hope
    Looks good.
    What kind of programmer do you use? ch341a?
    My advise - take the dump again just in case, compare both files and if they match proceed with the programming of the unlocked file.
    Leave feedback.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-02-2023, 02:21 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

I use a xeltek programmer it's borrowed not mine.

Thanks it's workring

Comment

Originally posted by kimballen View Post
        i use a xeltek programmer it's borrowed not mine.

Thanks it's workring
        Great
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

looking for someone to explain to me how to edit a 840 G2 bin file to get rid of the password.
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alexinquest View Post
            looking for someone to explain to me how to edit a 840 G2 bin file to get rid of the password.
            thanks

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79956

Use this tool. Or if you really want to know how it works, use this tool and compare two files using hex editor.

Comment

could you remove bios password from my hp elitebook 840 g2 please?

edit: i am sorry just unlocked it with hpunlocker https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79956

Comment

hi can you provide me the file to remove bios password.
                Serial: 5CG6023SM0
                Product: F6N30AV.

tansk form spain.

for HP EliteBook 820 G2
                Last edited by piernov; 03-22-2020, 06:18 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

Originally posted by saulcp
                  for HP EliteBook 820 G2
                  use the program from post#358 or post backup bios here and someone will help you.
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

the link of post 358 of the program is broken

Comment

This link: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79956 ?

Comment

hi there.
                        my hp 840 g2 died after flashing
                        now I need both 2mb and 16mb bios dumps. my laptop. my clip lost connection when reading 16mb one and i flashed it back with 00 00 00.

Comment

use the backup copy of bios from item # 358, is it not the same copy? use the program to remove the password again, then be more careful when writing the bios chip, desolder the bios chip on the motherboard before reading or writing it.
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

hello,
                            i have an elitebook 820g2 for which I lost bios admin password. can you help me in resetting it?
                            i have a dump of 2 previous bios (done at upgrade time). do you want me to upload it ?

Comment

Originally posted by obistro@advalvas.be View Post
                              hello,
                              i have an elitebook 820g2 for which I lost bios admin password. can you help me in resetting it?
                              i have a dump of 2 previous bios (done at upgrade time). do you want me to upload it ?
                              post the original bios here

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                post the original bios here
                                here's the backup&current bios I fonud on my drive E:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\Previous and \Current.

i hope it will work. When, I want to upgrade to the latest version, it asks for the admin password, which i forget :-(

thank you for your help !

Comment

put here the original bios that the laptop had, here are two updates from the site.

Comment

You need to buy an SPI programmer. No way around it.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                      You need to buy an SPI programmer. No way around it.
                                      ok, so i guiess you mean de-solder the chip, read it, send the dump to you, write the result and re-solder the chip ?

Comment

Originally posted by obistro@advalvas.be View Post
                                        ok, so i guiess you mean de-solder the chip, read it, send the dump to you, write the result and re-solder the chip ?
                                        yes that's what it refers to, but don't forget to make a copy of the original bios and check it with the hexeditor program, before rewriting the bios chip.

Comment

Hello,
                                          Can someone unlock bios HP elitebook 820 G2?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X