Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bulging Samxon 10v 1000uf

Originally posted by Newbie2
    That guy who was always talking about Samxon caps, was his name "Big Pope"?
    LOL Ratzinger in the house?

By the way - is "Samxon" in any way related to the "Capxon" which I always see on those old Compaq motherboards?

Comment

s "Samxon" in any way related to the "Capxon"
      nope

hail the church of Rubycon
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I did receive some Samxon caps from Big Pope before his ban, but I haven't had the chance to extensively test these caps yet. I have used them in a few boards in will continue to keep an eye on them. Essentially, I paid nothing for them ($10 for 30 caps total, shipped from Hong Kong), and I don't plan to buy any more of them until I've been able to get some hours on them.

I never felt like I was being spammed by Big Pope, he simply offered to send me some samples. But I cannot speak on the events behind his banning, as I was not really a part of them.
        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
          i have been told off the record that samxon was the oem for the hm/hn series nichicon.
          Someone better be wrong on this one!
          You're saying that they're rebadged Nichicon HN and HM caps or vice-versa?
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by WeStSiDePLaYa
            your right.

i think the people in power here are basing their judgement of samxon caps more off of a personal problem they have with a reseller of them, then actual proof of a bad cap.

you have seen ONE bad samxon cap(which you still cant prove what caused it, considering it was in use for over 4 years in high temp enviroment) and you decide it should be taken off the goodcap list? but yet you admit seeing several bad rubycons, but yet have nothing but praises?

i do not think i need to poin out the glaring bias here.
            I couldn't agree more.

Samxon GL, if I remember correctly, is a general purpose capacitor, not the Ultra Low ESR ones Big Pope was advertising before he got banned.

There are no super capacitors that never bulge, it's just a matter of time. Even if you hand-pick and use the best rubycon or any other Japanese cap, heat from nearby components or bad/flawed circuit design, etc. can bulge the capacitor.

It is not fair to blacklist all Samxons just because one failed. Will you lock yourself at home and never go outside just because a falling object almost killed you once? Will you never drink water just because it almost choked you to death once?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil_123
              It is not fair to blacklist all Samxons just because one failed. Will you lock yourself at home and never go outside just because a falling object almost killed you once? Will you never drink water just because it almost choked you to death once?
              I agree also - there certainly isn't enough evidence of 'badness' to truly blacklist them. Then again, it's not a brand of cap which one sees all the time in demanding situations.

I think this outlines the need for a rating system (perhaps a score out of ten, or a 1-5 stars system) for electrolytics, as opposed to simply "good" or "bad".

Like everything else in the material world, it's not a black-and-white distinction.

Otherwise, one will be answering questions forever. I mean, is Nichicon as good as Sanyo? Is it better than Fujitsu? How bad is OST? Compared to Hermei? Teapo? G-Luxon? Fuhjyyu isn't great. But is it anywhere near as bad as Lelon? Chhsi? TMS? Is even GSC better than these?

I'll think I'll prepare a post for the "Site suggestions" section...

Comment

Now this thread begins to get entertaining.........

To clear a few point up before they fester themselves into 'facts'...

1) I never blacklisted or condemned Samxon. Someone added them to the 'good caps' thread, with no evidence to back it, hence they were removed from the good caps list. They were never added to the bad list, yet, and likely won't until they start showing up a bit more frequently.

2) It is a well known fact that most all caps that come out of China are very shoddy. A simple search of this forum or Google will prove that. Compare the failre rate of China caps to the failure rate of Japanese caps, and tell me if there's even a real comparison.......no there's not. I see a bad Rubycon for every 10,000 of everything else. Yes, any cap will fail under the right (or wrong) conditions, but I see no need to preach questionable brands to people coming here for information that most likely know nothing about capacitors. Rubycon, Sanyo, Panasonic, and MOST Nichicon's (anything but HM and HN series) have an exceptional reputation and VERY low failure rate. That is why they are promoted. Recapping a board with unproven components just to save a few bucks on the recapping is just silly. When I say a few bucks, I mean a few bucks..... They're cheap for a reason, being about half the price of a good brand. If you're going to take the time and effort to recap a board, why even take a chance of using crap components?!? That's what I don't understand about most people. If they want to skimp on their boards, thats their choice, but I will not have the reason they skimped and a few months later wondering why their board failed again, based on any information provided on this forum. That's why Samxon caps, as well as pretty much any other Chinese brands are not promoted here, PERIOD.

3) My beef was with Big Pope, NOT SAMXON. As I said above, Samxon has not proven itself to be a good brand yet. The initial post here tends to disprove them, but to Samxon's defense, it's the only one I've seen that has failed, and anything could have caused that.... However, they will still NOT be on any of the 'good caps' threads. The reason Big Pope was banned would be pretty self explanatory had all his bullshit not been deleted and members were able to see the childish garbage he was doing. We are not opening that can of worms however. He is gone, he will not return other than for kiddie trolling purposes, at which time he's immediately removed, and IP blocked. I actually gave him more than a few chances to cool his attitude down, but he could not seem to grasp the fact that I am the owner of this site, not him......and the owner won the war.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                Team : 49813
                Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

personally, i got nothing but praises for bigpope, sent me an email on another forum, and then sent me 20 sample caps for a project. fully free, even shipping.

once i finish the project. and see how it goes, i will most likely be buying more for future projects.
                  Specs
                  DFI AM2 LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
                  X2 3800+EE AM2
                  2x1GB OCZ PC2-6400 Platinum XTC
                  XFX 7900GS
                  Maxtor 6L250S0
                  Maxtor 6V300F0
                  Western Digital WD2500JS
                  Mushkin HP-550(Cap/Filter Modded)

Cooling
                  Swiftech Apogee
                  Swiftech MCW-60
                  Swiftech MCP-600
                  HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Comment

Originally posted by WeStSiDePLaYa
                    personally, i got nothing but praises for bigpope, sent me an email on another forum, and then sent me 20 sample caps for a project. fully free, even shipping.

once i finish the project. and see how it goes, i will most likely be buying more for future projects.
                    That's super! Only if he would have behaved that professionally here.
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                    http://folding.stanford.edu/
                    Team : 49813
                    Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat
                      Get us some pics of that! I've seen some bulging rubies before, but the cause was always something other than the capacitor...

Although, if the caps on your card are actually spelled 'rubicon', they're imposters. It should be 'Rubycon'.
                      The card was actually one I had recapped a few months ago with Rubycons (correct spelling this time), so I think that there were other complications which caused to the cap to fail so quickly.

Looking at cams at the moment so I can take pics for the forum. Since I have a new full time job now which is pretty cushy, I should be able to afford it provided I don't get too bored or piss the boss off and get the sack

Comment

Here come the samxon GF info I found on the net.

My Hedy PSU has some samxon GL in the secondary side too, but I dont
                        see any sight of failure , 24/7 running, 4x 10v 3300uF GL & 16v 2200uF GL.

Comment

Working...
                        X