Lenovo ThinkCentre A57 recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo ThinkCentre A57 recap

Well as always, bought another PC from a scrape yard, paid a very cheap price for it. It was a Lenovo ThinkCentre A57 manufactured around 2008. I bet it came from a company or some sorts and use it as a proxy server, because it had a big sticker labeled "PROXY" and an IP address. From most of the PC i got are filled with filthy dust on it, but this one was the cleanest so far, I would say almost dust free. Came with no HDD, so I don't have much of a idea what it was used most of its life.

Open the case and immediately found 2 bad capacitor. Tested and stress test (prime95 for 12hr, with no error) the PC before recappingThe motherboard model is G31T-LM, who made it, i have no idea ?? Those were bad are 1 x Sanyo WF 6.3V 1800uf and 1 x OST RLS 6.3V 1000uf. Tested those bad ones with my DMM, the Sanyo was giving 1000uf instead of 1800uf and the OST giving 1000uf, despite it was buldged on top.

Recap those with Panasonic FL 6.3V 1800uf and OST RLX 6.3V 1000uf (both salvage from dead board).

Attached Files
Working...
X