ANTEC SL300S 300W RTL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANTEC SL300S 300W RTL

Thats the exact newegg.com description. I have two of them. I just checked inside one of them, and there are a few buldging caps. It seems to work still, but who knows in the future.

If the caps are beginning to bulge, the PSU's days are numbered. Replace them now before they short and destroy the power supply.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

The one I opened up just out of curiousity was ordered from newegg on 10-22-2003. Its not exactly that old.

The other one is in the computer I am typing at now, and was ordered from newegg on 03-18-2003. Just over a year old. Didn't look inside it though, but the 8RDA+ in this one is starting to look bad.

Comment

I have a 300W Antec about 2-3 years old that developed two swollen caps, both Fuhjyyu brand, one blue, one black, and the black one originally measured fine (0.05 ohm ESR) and didn't swell until a week later.

Comment

My Powmax LP-6100C 300W PSU uses JEE capacitors. :x
          Funny thing is though, I've been using the system for at least two years now, and the caps still aren't bulged. Maybe I got lucky and got a good batch of JEE's? Or maybe they're just waiting for the most inopportune time to burst?

In any case, I'm gonna stay far far away from Powmax. Then again, judging from how even high-quality PSU brands are using cheap capacitors nowadays, I guess the only truly reliable PSU you can find, is one you make yourself.
          The ever-amazing (and ever-affordable) KY, Chemi-con's best kept secret.

I'll probably be the only person going to SteamOS once it gets out of beta (ha ha.)

Comment

change the caps before they trash other components in your system or corrupt your data.
            and powmax is crap.
            i hear there is a brand of firecracker with that name.

Comment

Working...
            X