LG 42PC1DA Plasma Sound but blank screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 42PC1DA Plasma Sound but blank screen

OK, across any of the 5 red capacitors (bottom left) you should have around 60-100V if the Z-sustain is working.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Are you sure you're getting 15V at the IPM on the Zsus board?

Comment

There's 162v across the 5 x capacitor bank.
        15v is getting to the Z-sus IPM.

Comment

Hmm, 162V seems too high, what is Vs for this set?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

VS 186v; VA 60v

Comment

I suppose, as it is not at full Vs, or 0V, that it is not shorted out, but I am really confused by why you don't have any picture at all. Apart from the ramp wave on the Z-sustain everything appears OK.

Comment

Could it have anything to do with the X-Board?

Comment

Do you mean the Z-sustain or the panel X buffers? It's unlikely to be the panel X buffers, as they usually cause stuck lines or blocks of pixels when they fail.

Comment

Even with the Zsus board disconnected, you should get a dim image on the screen.

Comment

Yes, I did mean the X buffer board.
                      Even with the Z-sus board removed the screen is completely blank.

Comment

This makes me worry the panel is bad. Is it making a buzzing/crackling sound, like someone rapidly tapping on glass?

Comment

I was beginning to have the same thought myself. However, there is no sound coming from the panel.

Comment

Either way something isn't right with the Z-sustain and I'm not sure why.

Comment

If the panel has gone would that cause the Z-sus board to be cold but the Y-sus board warm as normal?

Comment

Normally neither board would be warm.

Comment

So is the X-sus board getting warm a sign the panel is OK?

Comment

Have you ruled out the Y-Buffer board? If all of your DC voltages are correct and you have the correct waveform coming out of your Y-Sus board, could the buffer board be the problem? BTW, I have a working 42PC3D, which is similar to yours, cracked open on the bench in case you need me to make any comparison checks.

Comment

I assume the Y-buffer board is the long board on the left (sometimes called the Y-drive board)?
                                      If that's the one, it has 10 x scan ics which would all have to have failed to leave the screen blank wouldn't they?
                                      How can I test the Y-buffer board?

Comment

This link has a test you can perform:
                                        http://blog.coppelltvrepair.com/2010...er-boards.html

It's for a Samsung but it should be similar for LG.

Comment

Performed the test on the buffer board and all scan chips check-out OK. However, on listening very closely to the screen I can hear a faint buzzing sound - certainly not like glass being tapped, but nevertheless there is a buzzing sound. Sounding like a dead panel?

Comment

Working...
                                          X