Lenovo 80nj 3.3v Alw power ic Replacment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo 80nj 3.3v Alw power ic Replacment

Hi, Guys, I removed pu401 .3.3 volts power ic SY8208BQNC as it was getting hot and had no 3.3 volts on the motherboard but before i replace it on pin 5 vcc on the motherboard im getting continuity to ground is this normal i just want to double check before i put on the new power ic on .Thanks In advance
    Attached Files
    Your never to old to learn

Re: Lenovo 80nj 3.3v Alw power ic Replacment

pin5 SY8208BQNC not VCC it's LDO +3VLP check the cap PC412 or your output from the point is short, check pin2 also same voltage goes there
    Last edited by Techtiger; 02-22-2019, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks Techtiger for your help. i'm a bit confused according to the pin out on the datasheet which i have attached its says vcc on pin 5 second pin down.I will check what u have suggested and see if i can find the short. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by garrymc123 View Post
        Thanks Techtiger for your help. i'm a bit confused according to the pin out on the datasheet which i have attached its says vcc on pin 5 second pin down.I will check what u have suggested and see if i can find the short. Thanks
        Yep as for the Dataset SY8208BQNC pin5 VCC or LDO

Comment

Aww i see now i was just going with what the pin said sorry. How will i find out where that pin goes as its just a wee silver dot on the other side of the motherboard to find the short . Thanks

Comment

I've seen this mistake a lot recently but indeed this is very confusing.

Pin assignment of SY8208 is not the same on the A, B, C and D variants. Datasheet shows only A variant. Note that several Compal schematics have the wrong footprint for SY8208 (as it is the case here on Compal LA-B092P I think). Compal LA-9535P has the correct footprint for SY8208B and SY8208C. Also boardview for Compal LA-9535P is available if you want to make sure which pin is which on the chip.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
              I've seen this mistake a lot recently but indeed this is very confusing.

Pin assignment of SY8208 is not the same on the A, B, C and D variants. Datasheet shows only A variant. Note that several Compal schematics have the wrong footprint for SY8208 (as it is the case here on Compal LA-B092P I think). Compal LA-9535P has the correct footprint for SY8208B and SY8208C. Also boardview for Compal LA-9535P is available if you want to make sure which pin is which on the chip.
              thanks Piernov for this information

Comment

More info:

Originally posted by fzabkar View Post
                The SY8208 part was manufactured by Silergy (it was also the subject of a patent infringement case). AFAICT it has at least three versions -- adjustable (DQNC), 3V fixed (BQNC), 5V fixed (CQNC).

Note that the suffix is VERY IMPORTANT.

he SY8208DQNC incorporates an adjustable step-down switchmode converter with a feedback reference voltage of 0.6V.

The SY8208BQNC appears to be a fixed 3V converter, and the SY8208CQNC appears to be a fixed 5V converter.

Comment

Thanks, guys for the information it was very helpful. piernov where can I get the board view for this motherboard I have downloaded board view software thanks for the link

Comment

Still in the process of repairing this motherboard anyone know where I can download the boardview for this model Compal LA-9535P Piernov said it is available ..Thanks

Comment

Boardview:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just realised its the wrong schematic for my board bit it is similar tho mine is _la-b092p_r1.0_ anyway i couldn't find anything shorted so i injected 3.3 v on that line that was short to ground and it was the big chip that heated up is this my problem chip?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just realised its the wrong schematic for my board bit it is similar tho mine is _la-b092p_r1.0_ anyway i couldn't find anything shorted so i injected 3.3 v on that line that was short to ground and it was the big chip that heated up is this my problem chip?
                          Test pin 9 U11 for resistance ,Your SIO U11 getting heated up Remove it up from the Mob and test if the short is still there

Comment

Hi, Guys, I removed pu401 .3.3 volts power ic SY8208BQNC as it was getting hot and had no 3.3 volts on the motherboard but before i replace it on pin 5 vcc on the motherboard im getting continuity to ground is this normal i just want to double check before i put on the new power ic on .Thanks In advance

good afternoon,
                            I really have defect what do I
                            help me please ??

Comment

Working...
                            X