ACER AL2423W - no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACER AL2423W - no display

Thanks for the information. Can you provide Part Numbers of the CS14, CS15 and CS16 caps used on the FSP 112-3F01 Board (Monitor ACER Model No. X241W) Please. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dondrusco View Post
      I received another Acer - AL2023.
      There were real disaster inside. Both boards have bulged capacitors.
      The power board 9 and main board 8.

Power board:
      3x470uF/35V
      2x470uF/25V
      2x1000uF/16V
      1x470uF/16V
      1x220uF/25V

Main board
      7x330uF/16V (I haven't got 330uF- i have used 470uF)
      1x100uF/25V

I replaced them, and now it works.

Got the same, after aprox. an hour image supposedly freezing, monitor displaying NO SIGNAL and after some 10 seconds continuing to run fine. But no bulging caps. Replaced them anyway, tested for 45 minutes. Have been watching it for last 20 minutes and did not notice anything strange. Will give it to a guy which will use it for couple of hours and tell me how's it doing.

I hope it will be fine, there is another 14 of this monitors, all doing the same - this could be GOLDMINE for me. Joe will be happy too, ordering Samxons when I'll run out of Chemi-Cons KY
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Which caps would you recommend instead of CapXons KF 10 uF/50V (120 ripple, 2 impedance)? I tried Chemi-Cons KMG, but it was not working (power supply went into safe mode almost directly). Samxon's GK 22 uF worked for ten hours, than I gave it to a guy for long run test and it went into safe mode after 10 minutes. What about GK 10 uF? According to Joe's web, they have 285 ripple, 0,03 ESR.

It is now working with the CapXons, but they are pretty close to a heatsink, I am afraid they will eventually die which cannot happen - I will have to provide warranty for the repaired displays.
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

ZdravĆ­m Moravu!

I'm using YAGEO SX,SC series (from Avelmak.sk) or HITANO EXR (GME.sk, gme.cz) - no bulged capacitor for two years of service (cca 15 LCDs, 10 PSUs, 2 MoBos).
          Last edited by dondrusco; 08-30-2011, 02:18 PM. Reason: add

Comment

sHITANO, YAGEO, all shit…they will work for some time, bud bad caps always die. Time depends only on conditions, but they will…

Hm, teď v Praze, že by ještě starĆ© souřadnice
            Last edited by Behemot; 08-30-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Prašť jak uhoď, no better option in this big Slovak village.

Comment

U can take caps from me, looks pretty much like I am only distributor of Samxon in this region now Will also take very cheap ultra-low ESR caps from eBay next timeā€¦thanks to some suggestions in next thread

Comment

I'm lazy to search in eBay - thank you for suggestion, I will do it next time.

It's pity, that Czech Republic hasn't introduced EURo - wired transfer fee is horrible. I prefer to order parts from DE or AT - no fees.

Comment

I have Fio, I believe EUR payments to and also from Slovakia are without any fees. Or use PayPal.

Found only ultra-low ESR caps on eBay so far, but it's probably due to the fact I didn't look for low ESR yet

Well distrelec does not have much of usable caps (general purpose Chemi-Cons usually in too big casing) and their prices are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by dondrusco View Post
                      I received another Acer - AL2023.
                      There were real disaster inside. Both boards have bulged capacitors.
                      The power board 9 and main board 8.

Power board:
                      3x470uF/35V
                      2x470uF/25V
                      2x1000uF/16V
                      1x470uF/16V
                      1x220uF/25V

Main board
                      7x330uF/16V (I haven't got 330uF- i have used 470uF)
                      1x100uF/25V

I replaced them, and now it works.

I have another Acer AL2023 - replaced all caps except two 10uF/50V in primary circuit/feedback control.

Monitor turned off backlight after 20 minutes. Green LED stayed on.
                      After turn off/on monitor works for anoher 15 minutes.

I have thought, that failure is in backlight circuit .

I put it away for a day. Then I decided to check reference design of power controller ( I haven't got two 10uF/50V capacitors on me) - there is 22uF capacitor for initial voltage of CM0765R. I tried to replace 10uF with 22uF and the second one (10uF/50V), too.

Failure again, but it is typical two seconds to black... -> backlight...
                      Last edited by dondrusco; 09-01-2011, 01:48 PM. Reason: Failure just after post

Comment

I tried Samxon GF 22 uF as previously posted, it was working for several hours but after assembly it did nto turn on at all. Display was than running for a week with original 10 uF CapXon caps…
                        Last edited by Behemot; 09-01-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

What about to move this 22uF capacitor away from MOS heatsink? This failure is temperature - dependent. Monitor needs to be cca 1 minute turned off to work for 5 minutes.

The Zener diode ZD270 looks bad, too. There is brown circuit board beneath. What type it is?
                          Last edited by dondrusco; 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM. Reason: ZD270 question

Comment

I don't have any display opened now, can't tell.

But in my case, we have room full of these displays and they usually start turning off and on right after turnign them on first time. They did this by themselfs, no button action needed so I think this is only capacitor problem for me. I believe that using good Samxon GF 10 uF caps will be OK, they should hold for long time. But I may position them slightly off the heatsink in some non 90Ā° angle

Comment

ZD270 is transil unipolar, 600W 16V P6KE16A - but is there any correct replacement?

15V or 18V? 16V is out of stock
                              Last edited by dondrusco; 09-07-2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I've remeasured actuall voltage on caps in the 20" of mine cause I've forgotten it - and quite suprisingly found there is even arround 19 V coming into inverter part (some 18,5 V under load). I am happy Chemi-Con KY caps are so overrated cause I filled the first display with caps up to 16 V.

I would suggest 18 V than, maybe moreā€¦

Comment

I received brand new power board for AL2023. Problem still persists - I have to continue with control board, it looks like backlight-on signal falls too low. Power led stays green.

Comment

I've got a similar issue with my Acer x241w, no backlight but i can see the signal with a flashlight. I've pulled the boards out and inspected the caps but didn't find any visibly bulging or leaky ones. I went ahead and replaced the big ones and 2 smaller ones. CS10,11,12,13,15,16 with a kit i got from LCDalternatives.com. I have a picture and the monitor is responding to a DVI cable plug/unplug. If i let it go to standby (orange light) then plug in my DVI cable to my laptop it goes green and I see an image on the screen if i shine a flashlight. The fuses and caps on the inverter appear to be fine, i checked the fuses on the inverter board with my MM and they 0 out. Here's the weird thing, according to Tonnes he got 19v when he tested the inverter cable. I'm seeing 3.2v with my laptop hooked up and the power light green. Something's jacked up here and I can't seem to find it. I am the only owner of this monitor as well, nobody's cracked the seal except me. FYI, I am not very good at reading schematics, and by not good I mean it's russian to me. All this talk of 19v rails has me in the fetal position.

EDIT: Well, after i took the cable off to measure the voltages, i put it back on and tried it. Now it's working. Not sure how long it'll keep working now, but whatever, the wife will be happy she can have her monitor back now
                                    Last edited by bimmerd00d; 01-07-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerd00d View Post
                                      I've got a similar issue with my Acer x241w ...
                                      Whenever you have a different model, regardless of how similar the symptoms are it is always recommended you start a new thread for that specific model. Model-to-model differences mean that specific detail (such as the capID's you quoted) are meaningless or even misleading.
                                      Friends don't let friends buy Samsung ....

Comment

Hi all,
                                        I have an acer al2423w failed some weeks ago after 5 years of work. Image is OK but there is a purple irregular shape vertical line on the center-left of screen. The line increased day after day until it reached the whole height of the screen. I am thinking of replacing logic and power boards, i can find both for 30euros on ebay. In your experience do you think this is a cap fail ? I am not used to soldering so i prefer change the whole board... Do you think i'll fix the problem or it can be a true LCD-panel fail?
                                        thanks a lot

Comment

Can be whatever more or less, but new board has the same crapacitors and will fail again, is it worth? I'd say 30 euros is pretty much money…

Comment

Working...
                                          X